• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My feline family..........................

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
As requested by `Smokiemisty` here are some piccies of my feline family, hope you love them as much as i do, they are my babies! :D

DSCF0019.jpg

This is Jemima, she came from the cat protection league, she had been dumped with her brothers and sisters and mum in a cardboard box! When i first got her she was very nervous and you didn`t really see much of her but now she is really soppy and dribbles like mad when having strokes. She also likes to wake you up in the morning by tapping you on the nose with her middle claw!

DSCF0065.jpg

This is Pollyanna, she was my first cat along with her sister Tiptoes who sadly passed away soon after i got her. Polly loves everybody, is the first to greet visitors and a definate lapcat.
Sadly last April she was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer which is incurable and wasn`t given long to live, but 9 mths later is still going strong and other than having a swollen belly you wouldn`t know there`s anything wrong with her.

DSCF0036.jpg

This is Flump, he`s a very laid back fella who tends to take all the newcomers under his wing and show them the rules. He & Jemima are affectionately known as `husband & wife` as they`re always cuddled up together and he`s the only cat that Jemima particularily has time for.
He has the strangest meow though that my hubby describes as a strangled chicken sound?! :shock:

DSCF0061.jpg

This is Jess, she`s the brains of the outfit who also has a slight fetish for jam doughnuts!!!!!!!!!!!! She came to me with her brother Dude in a terrible state, they were both underweight, riddled with fleas and had really bad eye infections but after lots of tlc are now in 100% health.

Picture096.jpg

This is Dude, Jess`s brother. We originally named him Skunky Boy but when we got to know his true character, (basically he spends most of his time totally spaced out & staring into space)! So we renamed him Dude. He`s definately a mummy`s boy and lays in my arms for hours like a baby!

Picture037.jpg

This is Millie, she`s a Maine Coon. I`d always dreamt of having one and after i spent 7 1/2mths in hospital hubby brought her for me as a welcome home pressie. She is very beautiful and is one of those cats who is always nearby but never on your lap, she has quite a temper and if she`s getting attention and another cat comes over she will promptly bop them then run off swearing!!!!!!!! I love her to bits though and wouldn`t be without her for the world..................

DSCF0020.jpg

This is Dukie, my pride and joy. He came to me at just 4 1/2 wks old and fitted in the palm of my hand! It was unsure as to whether he would pull through or not but with lots of love and tlc he`s grown to be a very big strong boy. He`s the soppiest cat ever and i can do absolutely anything with him. He`s also best buddies with Gizmo and they spend hours playing rough and tumble together.

DSCF0035.jpg

This is Gizmo, Dukies best friend and otherwise known as `the juevenille deliquent! He`s just over a year old and is always upto mischief or planning what he can get upto next! When we got him the woman who breed him had him locked up in a cage as she said he was pratically feral in nature! He spent the first 2 days hiding behind our sofa, but after much perseverence we managed to entice him out with a piece of string! He`s never looked back since! He has no fear of anything anymore and just loves cuddles!
He also likes to use your head as a scratch post at about 4 in the morning, which isn`t so great! :shock: :lol:

Well i hope you like my feline family, i would dearly love to have more but hubby has said a firm NO to this so far, but i`m working on him! :wink:
Su.x

Lol, I can just imagine you guiding visitors around the house opening cupboard doors and pealing back duvets to reveal the family one by one :lol:

They'll all beautiful! :D

Tam

Tamsin said:
Lol, I can just imagine you guiding visitors around the house opening cupboard doors and pealing back duvets to reveal the family one by one :lol:

They'll all beautiful! :D

Tam

LOLOL! It was quite a talking point when we were selling our home, eveytime viewers looked they were amazed by keep coming across MORE cats and found the moving lumps in the bed highly amusing!
Think they probably left knowing more about the cats than the flat! :lol:

Su.x

the re gorgeoussssss funny though the lady that runs my local pet shop had three cats and they all hate each other (tough she cant bear part with them) she says they are forever peeing everywhere in here house! :roll:

do they all live peacefully together!?

bunnylove said:
the re gorgeoussssss funny though the lady that runs my local pet shop had three cats and they all hate each other (tough she cant bear part with them) she says they are forever peeing everywhere in here house! :roll:

do they all live peacefully together!?

Thankyou,
Yes, people are pretty amazed as they do all live together quite harmoniously and they`re all house cats too! We have the odd scuffle but never anything major, just the odd hiss then a quick chase around the house and that`s about it. Guess i must just be really lucky with them. They`re all also 100% litter trained which is great, it`s a bit of a case that when i introduce a new one the older ones take them under their wings and they follow on from there.
As they`re all indoor cats my house is full of climbing frames, scratch posts and toys for them and you could say they pretty much rule the roost, but i LOVE thme all and wouldn`t have it any other way.

Sux

Awwwwwwwwwwwww they're adorable and gourgeous O.O :)

That's awesome they get along, and haha its awesome having kitties, we have 7 indoor cats, and there's never a dull moment :lol:

aaawww they are all adorable! Ive never heard of a maine coon cat but she certainly looks like she has a fantastic coat! :D

I'm amazed they all get along as my Mum's cats are always fighting! I'm often woken up in the morning by scrapping cats and fur flying everywhere :shock: yours look lovely though :D

Back