• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunflower seeds???

I was wondering if its safe to put a few sunflower seeds in with the rabbits feed???Mine get fresh veg everyday and rabbit pellets was wondering if its ok to add these??? :)

I seem to remember reading somewhere that these shouldn't be fed to bunnies. I think. I can't remember where tho :oops:

I would have thought that in limited quantities sunflower seeds would be ok, though I'm not an expert rabbit feeder, just a vegetarian!

Sunflower seeds contain both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat – the types of fat thats good for the heart. They are also high in Vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects against heart disease.

I think I read a few are ok if they've been shelled first. But that could have been my pinny gig book - I've been reading too many lately :roll:

Back