• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've put my bunnies out think I've done it too early UPDATE

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I put my bunnies outside on Saturday, they've been in my house since November. I though the weather had gone nice. They've been very happy outside and I've made their hutches lovely and warm. This morning it was frozen outside. Bryn whet and checked on them early and they were all in their bed boxes (except my 3 REW's who were just lying in the open part of the hutch). They all came out at the sight of the torch and then went back to bed. They're ok, but now I feely really guilty. Should I bring them all back in the house tonight?

you evil cow :shock: , how could you be so nasty :shock: :shock: what would you do if bryn removed the quilt without warning in the morning without putting the heating on! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I do feel really evil. I though it was warm and spring was here early :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Atleast your's have the brains to snuggle in their beds. My two were wedged into the litter tray in their run this morning :roll:

How warm is your house? If it's usually a little on the chilly side it'd probably okay... not as much of a difference. If it's nice and toasty warm they might not have the winter coats to cope with this weather.

You could put them out during the day and in at night for a couple of weeks and they should get a thicker coat.

Tam

bunnylove said:
SOAD said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I do feel really evil. I though it was warm and spring was here early :oops: :oops: :oops: .

why? has wolves had an heat wave! :shock: :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:

:lol: I think we did :lol: , I thought I was going through an early menopause last week I kept breaking into sweats.

Tamsin said:
Atleast your's have the brains to snuggle in their beds. My two were wedged into the litter tray in their run this morning :roll:

How warm is your house? If it's usually a little on the chilly side it'd probably okay... not as much of a difference. If it's nice and toasty warm they might not have the winter coats to cope with this weather.

You could put them out during the day and in at night for a couple of weeks and they should get a thicker coat.

Tam

My house is quite warn. I will bring them back in tonight, poor buns, I bet they hate me. :oops:

SOAD said:
bunnylove said:
SOAD said:

why? has wolves had an heat wave! :shock: :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:

:lol: I think we did :lol: , I thought I was going through an early menopause last week I kept breaking into sweats.

well personally i would go to the gps rather than being a crel cow and kicking out the bunnys :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i opened the back door thinking the giants would go out for a run (i have kept them in all winter altough they live in doors in the summer they just go out and come in as they please! ) and they both went to the door looked out turned round and sat under the rad! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I will finish work early and go and get them back in :oops: :oops: . Awwww my poor buns they are going to be like little ice blocks. I've five inside, but ten of them are outside at the minute :cry:

SOAD said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I will finish work early and go and get them back in :oops: :oops: . Awwww my poor buns they are going to be like little ice blocks. I've five inside, but ten of them are outside at the minute :cry:

i dont know actually how many rabbits sit in pet shops and then get sold and put outside. i i bought my first rabbits as babys and didnt even think about it and no babys have winter coats and i put them straight into the garden and i was snowing that year! they were fine.

Yesterday and sat was lovely ,like you said more like spring,but we have more cold weather to come this week so id bring them back in,and prehaps just but them out in the day

bunnylove said:
SOAD said:

i dont know actually how many rabbits sit in pet shops and then get sold and put outside. i i bought my first rabbits as babys and didnt even think about it and no babys have winter coats and i put them straight into the garden and i was snowing that year! they were fine.
Yes ive done the same eve with no probs,these bunnies are tuffer than we think :)

thanks guys, I do hope so. I will get them in later, their ears were warm yesterday, just couldn't believe it when I looked out the window and saw frost this morning.

bluebunny said:
bunnylove said:
SOAD said:

Yes ive done the same eve with no probs,these bunnies are tuffer than we think :)

my thought excactly marie i have two indoor baby rescues that i wish i had put straight out as they are caged next to a rad :cry: , and i have three 3 week old babys in the garden and the heat between them is amazing and they arent born with winter coats!

Its absolutley bloody freeeeeezzzzing outside today! :shock: I would definately bring them in overnight, brrrrr :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tree, you're a cruel cruel CRUEL bunny mom :shock:
Poor ickle bunsters will get cold ickle ears :shock: :shock: :shock:
Then when you bring back them in they'll be in a BAD mood and take it out on your wallpaper :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'd defo bring them inside at nights for a while and let them get used to the outdoor life gradually :lol: :lol: :lol:
xx

yeah I think they call it a 'false Spring' - it's like this every year - then we usually get more snow in February :shock:

elve said:
yeah I think they call it a 'false Spring' - it's like this every year - then we usually get more snow in February :shock:

Yep! and because it's so warm my lot have started Moulting!! :shock: Tree i'd def bring them in at night for a week or so XX

Phill said:
elve said:

Yep! and because it's so warm my lot have started Moulting!! :shock: Tree i'd def bring them in at night for a week or so XX
yep all mine except alfie and truffle are moulting miffy looks so scruffy!

Phill said:
elve said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: so warm :shock: :shock: :shock: i am freezing! coat on in house and radiators, although the house buns have started to moult! :shock:

Back