• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
I thought I would give this a go as a way to find some sort of comfort after losing my baby boy George.

He died around 4 months ago and was only 9 months old. He apparently had a stomach problem common in baby rabbits and although the vets said we did nothing wrong, I still can't help blaming myself.

I think about him every day, about how big he would be, about how he used to lick my nose and just how happy I used to feel when he was sat next to me.

I really love my other bunnies which I got after George passed away but as many of you will appriceate, no two bunny personalities are the same.

I don't know if I think about him so much because I feel I'm to blame or what? George was very special to us, he was my baby. The first rabbit I'd had as an adult and was a fresh start after having such bad luck with bunnies as a child and I loved him so much.

So this is for you my darling George, your Mummy loved you so much and is so sorry for any pain you felt in your last days and sorry I wasn't with you when you passed, although I know Auntie Sal looked after you as well as she could have done.

Binky free over the bridge baby, go and find Bitsy, Bobsy, Thumper and Flopsy and let them look after you. I miss you so much and will love you forever x x x

aawww, binky free George xx

I feel the same way about my beautiful Bilbo who I lost 6 months ago. It still hurts :( I wasn't with him when he passed away, he was alone at the vets :( we did everything to try and save him but I blame myself and still think of him all the time. I often wonder what he'd think of Gypsy's new friend Storm

George is on the rainbow bridge, but he will still know that you love him

Awwww hun I know how you feel.

I lost my first bun, Charlie, 4 days before his first birthday. He had given me so much in such a short period of time and I was in love with him. He would give me kisses on my nose and flop beside me on the floor. He did the funniest things (like a straw being his favorite toy) and I just thought that he would be with me forever.

A sense of blame is always going to be with me. Since he died so young, we weren't really sure of the problem. I think about him everyday, and he will anways my my angel bun.

Trust me, you are not alone. Even though we are told we shouldn't be blaming ourselves, the blame is never just going to disappear. I just think of it as everything happening for a reason.

Rest in peace George bun xxx

Thanks guys.

I didn't know George was ill, he used to go into little grumps every now and again so we just thought he'd got one on him again which is partly why I feel so bad.

But my Mum did take him to the vet while I was away (was visiting my Dad) and thats where he died :(

Its comforting to know that there are other people in the same boat

Well, her ust be a real binky expert now.

And he is probably right now saying now,
"Stop that Mum. I got grumpls you did not kow it was not a grump.
I missed you not being there when I went to sleep, but I am always in your heart, and you give lots of that love to my new brothers and sisters and I wil wait here with all the other Buns and enjoy myself till you come and take me home again, so no mor tears! Understand!"

You are not to blame. \THiniing of you Lynda.

I know how you feel, I wasn't with my baby Peaches when he died either he was at the vets on the operating table :cry:

Big hugs Lynda

Your darling George knew he was loved by you Lynda so please don't worry. It is such a heart break when we lose our babies and I think from reading on here that this is as you say a common problem. He has no pain now, just remember that.

angel17.gif

Hi Lynda,

No, don't blame yourself, I have been through the same thing and George knew he was loved and cared for.

Thinking of you and George. Sending love n hugs :love:

Run free George.

Don't blame yourself, sadly these things happen :cry: We can't save them all no matter how hard we try. Remember the good life he had with you and be glad you were able to know him.

Back