• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to convince a rabbit it likes SS?

Quinn

Mama Doe
Ok so i weaned quinn off rubbish mix and onto SS now i have rosie and the only thing i can get her to eat is tesco rabbit mix! one day she did eat some SS but since shes barely touched it and i cant have her starve so im having to give her the mix - any ideas?

Just keep trying and be patient :D They (whoever 'they' are!) say with children that they need to be introduced to a new food 20 times before they will accept it, I think a similar principle applies to some bunnies!! Just mix the SS with the mix, in slightly increasing quantities daily, and eventually she will get used to the smell of it around and the taste of it and should start to eat it. Is she still a youngster having unlimited food or does she just get a handful each day? If she's on limited dry food, she should take to it more quickly as she will eat it if hungry once she's eaten all her yummy mix, if you see what I mean. I'm sure within a few weeks she'll be munching away on it happily :D

shes still a baby on unlimited food i decided to try her with a bit of veg and shes loves it - im just used to quinn and hes a pig and eats anything end everything

mady would only eat one type of dry mix. However I wanted to put her on something healthier. I bough SS but mixed it together with the dry mix she loved. slowly increasing the amount of SS - workd like a charm :D

It took my lot quite a while to get used to pellets - now they love them and get their heads in the bowl before it goes on the ground practically :roll: As Alison said, just do it gradually and you should be ok :)

I've managed to switch 7 bunnies from rubbish mix to science selective, some took to it straight away one took a month or so :? I just did what was suggested above mixed the foods gradually increasing the SS and decreasing the nasty mix! :D If she's eating hay and veg i wouldn't worry about her going hungry!!!

Back