• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet the new members of my Rat family

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
After gypsey dies on Sunday night i thought i would leave Dillon for a while, and get him a new friend in a few weeks. But on tuesday he stopped eating and was looking very depressed. By Wednesday night he hadn't come out of his hammock all day. So i did something i wouldn't normally. I went to the local pet shop and brought home Dillons new friends.

Firstly this is there house
Picture398.jpg

Yes i know very pink for a boy rattie!

And heres Dillon
Picture402.jpg

And now please welcome to the Rattie family................................

Polly and Pip
Picture389.jpg

Polly
Picture393.jpg

Picture386.jpg

And pip
Picture388.jpg

Picture381.jpg

I love them to bits! And Dillon is being a very good suroget (sp) dad. He keeps putting them to bed! :lol:
Pip is very brave and is very interested in everything! Where as Polly is more reserved and likes to take her time! :D

awwww!!!!!! :love: lovely ratties!!! and I love the ratty house! my rats used to have hammocks, untill magic and mystery decided to chew through the straps and make them into blankets! :lol:

OMG they are GORGEOUS!! :D Dillon will be so much happier now he has some Rattie friends. And as for 'Rattingham Palace :shock: :shock: .......AMAZING!! Think I might come up there and move in myself!! :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

Thanks guys, i make there hammocks out of old clothes and sheets once there ruined i throw them out!

very cute! :love: :love: But with little Polly, shouldn't you worry about accidental breeding with the 2 boys? :?: But very cute rats I want them!! Gimme!!! lol

BubbleBee said:
very cute! :love: :love: But with little Polly, shouldn't you worry about accidental breeding with the 2 boys? :?: But very cute rats I want them!! Gimme!!! lol

Polly and pip are female and Dillon is neutered, they are really cute and so small!!! Thanks Guys!

Arrrr beautiful baby ratties.

I'm so impressed that Mr D has had the snip. It there a big risk with him being so small re the anesthetic?

Rabswood

bunnymadhouse said:
phil ,
i didnt know you could have ratties neutered :shock:
is it expensive? are there any extra risks ?

Angie

There is the same risk in giving a rattie GA as with a bun, they use the gas as they do with buns though and it's reversable (sp) he was fine through it, but as i had a female rattie and was told Dillon was a female until i had a good ol ook when i got home, i thought it better that he was Neutered, plus he was 4 months old when we got him and had no dangely bits, (which is very unusual for a boy rattie) they were found hiding in his tum.

Phill said:
bunnymadhouse said:
phil ,
i didnt know you could have ratties neutered :shock:
is it expensive? are there any extra risks ?

Angie

There is the same risk in giving a rattie GA as with a bun, they use the gas as they do with buns though and it's reversable (sp) he was fine through it, but as i had a female rattie and was told Dillon was a female until i had a good ol ook when i got home, i thought it better that he was Neutered, plus he was 4 months old when we got him and had no dangely bits, (which is very unusual for a boy rattie) they were found hiding in his tum.

wow that really is unusual-you can usually see a boys testicles from a few weeks old :shock: :lol:

your 2 newbies are absolutely gorgeous and soo tiny!! :love: scritches to all of them! :D

Back