• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oliver

Veronica

Mama Doe
I'm absolutely devastated.

This morning, I nipped out to the shed to give fresh hay, as I do every morning.
I came to Olivers hutch, and he was sitting there all hunched up, not looking well.

He's been quiet recently, I put it down to the cold weather...but with the milder weather, he seemed to be picking up. He was still eating/drinking and hopping and playing out.
Today, he just seemed sad.
I phoned the vets, straight away...I had done earlier, and theyd asked me whether he was eating/drinking etc...which he was....they asked me the same today...and he had eaten and drank. This time I insisted they had a look at him.

I took him in, and with his history of absesses, they decided to keep him in this morning and run tests.

I got a phone call at about 11am, saying he'd slowed down, and wasn't able to stand up he had become so weak. He was being put on a drip to keep his fluids up.
At 11.30am they rang to say he was getting weaker. I began my journey to the vets to see him, and by the time I'd got there, he'd gone.

I can't believe how quickly it's all happened. I'm just numb.
My poor little baby.

Oh Veronica :cry:
I am so so sorry for your sad loss, what a terrible shock.
Sending hugs.

Binkie free little Oliver-bun.
xx

So very sorry to hear you have lost Oliver. :( :( Binky Free at The Bridge Oliver. You will find lots of friends there. Jane and Buns xx

*hugs*

poor little fella. i'm sorry you didnt make it in time.

blinky free - you are in excellent company.

Really sorry read about Oliver, poor chap and I really feel for you not getting to the vets in time. :cry: Sending love n hugs.

Thanks for all your kind words. They mean a lot. I'm still in shock.
My mum's been super, and has been out to clean his hutch, as I couldn't face it.

I'm just feeling so sad, and I've let him down.

My mum brought Prudence in, saying she needs a groom. She doesn't need a groom, but my mum was trying to cheer me up. My mum's great.

Spent time with Prudence, poor thing has been groomed to death I think, but she seems to know I'm sad, as she's being so gorgeous.
I thank God for my other bunnies. They really help in times like these.

Thanks for your support.

Sending you all our love and hugs it is so hard when we lose one of our beloved rabbits but he was loved loads and had a happy life with you and will go to the bridge with his heart full of love and he will always be in your heart.

Oliver, watch over your family they will need you during these sad days. Have fun at the bridge little man, it is paradise and full of the most wonderful bunnies who will take you into their hearts and love you, you will only know sunshine and happiness you can run and binky, munch on the most wonderful foods and laze in the warmth of the sun with a gentle breeze to keep you cool. Take with you the love of your family and all of our love to our bridge angels, rest easy xxx

This is so sad Veronica happening so quickly. You must not reproach yourself, you did everything possible for Oliver. Maybe be thankful that he did not suffer for long. It is us who are left behind who feel it and miss them so much.

Thinking of you

hugs14.jpg

Aaaaaw, Veronica, I am very very sorry: it brought back echoes to me of when Charlie passed away 18 months ago - as I was bringing Lennie back from the hospital the vet's Australian voice was ringing in my ears "Charlie's passed away" :cry: I had taken him in on the Saturday afternoon because he was not well in the morning, they admitted him straightaway - he had blood in his wee. Next day he hadn't really improved - they said I could call in to see him but I didn't because it was Sunday and I didn't want to be a nuisance. Monday morning the vet said he was depressed and cold, so they had put him in an incubator - I made arrangements to go and see him that evening but waited until the traffic died down a bit cos it is the other side of town and by the time I got there he had gone. :cry: I sat for ages in the theatre where the incubator was and cuddled him. I too was devastated and hugely regretted that I hadn't said good-bye to my special little man. This great long story is just to tell you I know how you feel and I am so very sorry.......

Binky free little Oliver, go and say hi to Charlie and all the Bridge bunnies.

Sorry to hear your sad news Veronica. Poor little Oliver. I am glad you have Prudence there to make you feel a bit better.
Run free Oliver.
Hugs....Nicola x

aawww im so sorry Veronica. You have given him a fab home and he's certainly enjoyed himself with you! You certainly havent let him down at all! You did everything you could have done.
Binky free Oliver!

Back