• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help!

suzy_d

Alpha Buck
hey guys just needed a bit of advice,

Iv got two rabbits who were sucessfully bonded in the summer but the past couple of days the younger one (8 month girl) has been attacking molly (a 1 1/2 yr old neutered boy). She keeps growling at him and whenever food is introduced shes growls and bites him and chases him. They used to sit and cuddle all the time and now whenever he goes near her she runs off to another corner?

Just wondered if they are having relationship issues or theres something more to it!!!?

Is your girl Spayed? It's sounds as though she is being hormonal. The only way to stop it is to have her spayed. She will come out of it eventually but she will keep going into moods like this one X

Awww it sounds like she is feeling a bit hormonal and territorial - is she spayed? If not I would suggest getting her booked in ASAP as what is currently a bit of growling could potentially turn nastier. Also sometimes a bunny can get grumpy if it is in pain so it's probably worth popping her up to the vets for a health check and to check she is ok for a spay. In the meantime, I would give them separate food bowls at opposite ends of their house so that your girlie doesn't feel that she has to defend her grub, and if you can, give them some more space so they have somewhere to get away from each other if they want to - this may just keep the grumpiness in check for long enough for her to get spayed and her hormones to settle down again.

ah no shes is not spayed as yet, ahh i see that could be the reason....shes also sqeaking at lot is that a behaviour to do with hormones?? I shall get her down to the vets then!

Thanks !

suzy_d said:
ah no shes is not spayed as yet, ahh i see that could be the reason....shes also sqeaking at lot is that a behaviour to do with hormones?? I shall get her down to the vets then!

Thanks !
Yes miffy used to squeek all the time before she was spayed,they are much calmer once there done

My Sugar & Spice are like this. They are 6 months old sisters & have had to be separated. Sugar is worse & is getting spayed in a week & Spice is waiting til I Have More Money! She's not too bad at the minute, & still lives with her boyfriends

Back