• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

O/T: Cat piccies

norrielian

Mama Doe
Hi
Just thought I'd post some piccies of my cats:

Kia - thinking she's being given away as a Christmas pressie:
2012200528004292ejpgmsg51FAE9E7-929.jpg

Tara - fast asleep as usual!
Tara42ejpgmsgDAD122BC-D1EC-4A9B-985.jpg

Lian x

Veronica said:
OMG! My Bairn could be a sister of your two! They look so alike! :D:D:D

Awwwww, Bairn is scrummy. They look like triplets! Is she a blue-cream like my Kia?

I just love British Shorthair's, they are such gorgeous, loveable, but mad cats! :lol: :lol: :lol: You'll know what I mean!

norrielian said:
Veronica said:

Awwwww, Bairn is scrummy. They look like triplets! Is she a blue-cream like my Kia?

I just love British Shorthair's, they are such gorgeous, loveable, but mad cats! :lol: :lol: :lol: You'll know what I mean!

Yeah she is! :D

We've been thinking of getting Bairn a friend for a while now.... i.e. another british shorthair :) How do your two get on?
Bairn is a very socialable cat...follows us around, and comes right up to us and taps you if she wants attention! She even choses which toy she wants to play with and bring it to you, and sits there looking at you till you play with her! She's fab!
Do you think she'd be less affectionate to us if she had a 'cat friend'?

Veronica said:
norrielian said:
Veronica said:

Yeah she is! :D

We've been thinking of getting Bairn a friend for a while now.... i.e. another british shorthair :) How do your two get on?
Bairn is a very socialable cat...follows us around, and comes right up to us and taps you if she wants attention! She even choses which toy she wants to play with and bring it to you, and sits there looking at you till you play with her! She's fab!
Do you think she'd be less affectionate to us if she had a 'cat friend'?

Well we got Tara first from the breeders, so she was used to other cats. We had her 9 months on her own, but I felt guilty leaving her all day because she's an indoor cat so I decided to get her a kitten as a companion. It didn't go down well at all, she hated Kia with a passion! She wanted us all to herself I think! Kia will be age 2 in April and they do get on much better now that Kia has calmed down a bit and passed the kitten stage.

Bairn sounds just happy as she is so I personally wouldn't bother. Tara was so jealous of Kia when she arrived. Tara's a real mummy's girl and sulked for at least 4 months. It was awful!

That's a really good point. I think Bairn could be like that, as she does really love all the attention she gets from us.
She's now 3, and she is an indoor cat.
I did have an outdoor 'moggie' called Darren (who I adored, but sadly had to be pts following a car accident :(), and whenever the two got together, they would play fight continuously...with Bairn literally kicking his head in!

We've never rushed into getting another for the reasons you mentioned above, and my mums said similar too :)

Back