• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Quality street!

melaniejb

Mama Doe
Ok! I've just walked in to find Albert with his head in the box of quality street! He's eaten 1/2 a strawberry cream, wrapping included...should I be worried?

Melndan said:
At least he didn't go for the toffee penny :lol:
:lol: :lol: you've got to laugh but at the same time, he did eat the wrapper! hope he doesn't get a sore tum :? :wink:

OOh I missed that bit about the wrapper. I just saw the choccie bit! I hope he's ok and didn't mean to offend :oops:

I heard that chocolate was really bad for bunnies, but as he didn't eat too much he should be fine. Ages ago my old bunny stole my ex's malteasers :lol: and he was ok. Bilbo had a tummy of steal though, nothing ever upset his tum!. Just keep an eye on him, if he passes colourful poo you'l know the wrapper went through ok :D

I have to say that I laughed when I first saw him leaning into the box! Just hope that wrapper doesn't cause probs, fingers crossed for colourful poos!!!

Ted snatched a chocolate hob nob straight out of my hand once, I managed to get it off him, but he did eat a small amount. He was ok, but not something I would want him to do again!

Greedy little devil!!!

I hope he's OK, Charlie has stolen a fair few chocolate in his life and he's OK, so I'm sure your bun wil lbe fine, jus tkeep a close eye on him just to be on the safe side.

I think Charlies best one was a fondant filled father christmas off the tree several years ago - he'd gone quiet behind the sofa for a while, then he runs across the room with a massive sticky messy of foil, chocolate and fondant welded to his chin - took days to remove!

I had to chase Denzil round the other day after he ran off with a quality street after sticking his head in the tin! He knew he wasnt allowed chocolate which made him run around evern more!! Managed to retreive a slightly chewed 'orange crunch' from his naughty little chops though!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope your bunny is ok. If Evo ever eats anything he shouldn't, I pop him back in his cage with a great pile of hay to eat, to "dilute" and push through whatever he's eaten.

I'm glad that Albert's not the only one to be so naughty!!!! Still, I can't blame him...thank goodness he only took a strawberry cream - I don't like those ones! :lol:

Rallybunny said:
Hope your bunny is ok. If Evo ever eats anything he shouldn't, I pop him back in his cage with a great pile of hay to eat, to "dilute" and push through whatever he's eaten.

That's just what I would suggest to try and 'flush' it through his system asap!

How can you not like Strawberry Creams.. they my all time favourite... Kahlo better know better than to nick the soft centres from any chocolates I might have... they're the only ones I like :wink:

Well, I havent seen any colourful poos! they are still just boring brown colour! :lol:

He's absolutely fine though...jumped onto the table to have a second go last night though!!! :roll: He obviously has a sweet tooth...like his mum!! :lol: :lol:

I'm still keeping an eye on him though and I'm checking for sparkles in the litter tray!!!! :shock:

Back