• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newbie who found a christmas bunny!

rhiannon.hughes

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :) . My name is Rhiannon, I found my rabbit on Christmas day. She was being attacked by a cat, so I rescued her and knocked round the entire neighbourhood but no-one claimed her :cry: . People said 'oh i've seen that rabbit wandering around for weeks' :evil: WHY DIDN'T YOU CATCH IT THEN! Sorry, it just really upset me to think of the poor wee thing out there alone. She had a couple of scratches and is a little thin, but she's settled in really well, and is putting weight back on.

I'm litter training her, and she's so friendly she comes and sits on my knee when she's having her floor time :D . I love her to bits and I think 'Noel' was the best pressie I got this Christmas!

I'd forgotten how much fun having a rabbit was. i vowed not to get another when my houserabbit died a few years ago 'cos i was so upset, but having Noel has reminded me of what fab pets rabbits are. :D

Hello & welcome :wave:
Looks like Noel landed on her feet :D Sounds like you were meant to have another house bunny and what a lovely story and on Xmas day too :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D . It's so nice to find forums full of fellow animal lovers.

I'm so pleased that I found her, she is fab (as are all buns). I can't believe how trusting she is. She comes to greet me of a morning when I put her in the run. Then I bring her in when I get home from work and she sits on my knee while I stroke her for about 30 - 45 mins. Then she explores the living room and we play with old plant pots and this rattle toy, then she usually jumps back onto my knee for a bit before I put her away. She's still not quite sure of my housemate, but will let her pick her up, we'll work on that. I'm sure she''s come around.

I've got her on Burgess supa rabbit excel which she loves and loads of hay of course. I bathed her scratches (with hibiscrub I think it was) and they've cleared up fine. She really is the best Christmas pressie I could have got.

P.S Jettychops, that pic is the twin of Noel, a gorgeous little black bunny

Hello :wave: It definitely sounds like Noel is a very lucky bunny :D Look forward to hearing more about her antics (and seeing any photos you may have of course :lol: )

usagiwelcome2.gif

Welcome to RU :D

Welcome to the forums!!
Awwww, Noel sounds like a complete sweetheart, you did a great thing by saving her!

I'd forgotten how much fun having a rabbit was. i vowed not to get another when my houserabbit died a few years ago 'cos i was so upset, but having Noel has reminded me of what fab pets rabbits are.

:lol: :lol: Once you have a rabbit in your life, you can never live without 'em!

xxx

Fantastic and honourable rescue :)

Noel sounds lovely, I am glad you were able to rescue the poor bun.

Fortunately my cat is soft was putty and when we first got Flopsy she would hide from him :lol:

Welcome

Zoe

Back