• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit running fast in circles

vanessa

Warren Scout
Just had a bit of a scare with my bunny, thought he was dying but now seems okay. He was making loads of noise upstairs, came up to find him continually running fast around in circles. He stopped when I went up to him, but was breathing really fast and just wanted to be left alone, then when I went away again he again started doing the same thing. I picked him up, brought him downstairs and he was acting a bit strange like he wasn't quite with it, but a few minutes later he was fine again, wanting attention and taking a treat. Just wondered if anyone had any idea what was wrong with him because it was quite scary, could it have been something in his ear, a fit or maybe because he was too hot (he'd been upstairs all day where it is hotter than downstairs)?

My bun does this alot when i let him out of his cage. He also doesn't want attention cause he is too busy exercising, he breathes heavy because he has been running around so much. If this happens again with your bun watch his breathing and if it doesn't slow down in about a minute then there might be a problem. Usually if he is running in circles it just means he is happy to be free. If there was a problem, he was scared of something etc then he would run away and not in circles.

Ruby did this once when ther was an unexpected noise. I think she was freaked out a little by something. I was really worried about her, but she calmed down after a few minutes.

Back