• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bijou the French Rabbit .....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
About 3 years ago I got a call from my Vets asking if I would take in a Bun who they had been asked to PTS because the MOTHER of the buns owner could not cope. The owner had gone AWOL and Bijou-Bun had become poorly (Stasis) and had spent 3 weeks at a local Veterinary Hospital. The owners mother said she was not able to care for Bijou and so on collecting her from the Veterinary Hospital took Bijou to my Vets to be PTS. (Bijou was normally treated by my Vet but ended up in the Vet Hospital as she became ill over a Bank Holiday weekend.) So I adopted Bijou. She was brought into the UK from France by her owner after her relationship with a Frenchman broke up.(The owners relationship that is!! :lol: :lol: )She didn't want Bijou ending up 'in a pot' :shock: :shock: Bijou spent 6 months in quarantine at Heathrow....I'll leave you to guess how much THAT cost... :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: Then after all that the owner goes AWOL and Bijou ends up 'unwanted'. I gave her a home for 18 months. Sadly she had complications after her spay( which was done BEFORE I adopted her) Bijou developed post surgical adhesions which caused several episodes of stasis and eventually bladder problems too. I eventually had to let Bijou go to The Bridge when her entire Bladder adhered to her abdominal wall. But I hope that during her time here she was a happy girl. I still keep in touch with the MUM of Bijou's owner. The owner did turn up.....EVENTUALLY!! Jane and Buns xx
rabbits310.jpg

Back