• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippa

nicolar

Mama Doe
My beautiful Pippa left us this morning and crossed over the Bridge peacefully and quickly at 11.15am. Pippa was 6 and a half and had a lovely life here, munching all the plants my Dad had just planted and generally finding lots to get up to in the garden!

She was the sweetest, gentlest bun, very quiet and never demanding, everybody who met her loved her. After she had gone this morning the vet said she had been such a pleasure to treat and was such a lovely bunny :D She had been ill since the beginning of December, but only last night and this morning did she show signs of wanting to go to sleep. I think that old age just crept up on her and she wasn't strong enough to want to go on anymore.

Amy will miss you lots, even though you didn't much appreciate her jumping on you, you gave her lovely nose kisses when she snuck her nose into your run.

Sleep tight my beautiful, soft, precious Pippa, Scoot will look after you, as will all the other bunnies. GIve nose rubs and kisses to Amber, Magic, Smokey and Pepsi my other bridge bunnies and I will see you all when I come to find you. Run free in the fields, find your feet again after these few weeks of being so weak. I love you baby girl and always will do.

Pip4.jpg

Pippa.jpg

Kisses.jpg

I promise Auntie Nicolar that I will look after Pippa until we are all together again.

Please take care and try not to worry, Pippa will be fine here with all our friends.

Ah thanku Scoot, it's such a comfort knowing you are there. I was thinking about you at the vets and I told Pippa you will be there waiting for her and will show her round. And that she musn't be too bosy! Look after my special girly, hope there are lots of apples up there, that's her fave food :)

Dear Pippa, I have been told that you have now crossed over The Bridge and I want to let you know that you will meet many, many new bunny friends there. But I know that my time to cross over The Bridge is not all that far away and so perhaps you could check-out a cosy burrow for us to share. I am not known for being forward with the laydees but I have seen your picture and you are my dream-bun :love: So I hope you will accept my proposal of a 'Bonding at The Bridge' some time soon. I promise to allow you to munch on the Parsley first and to have the pick of the tastiest grass. Oh, and you can also have control of the TV remote if you like :wink: :wink: Will see you soon Pippa and all RU are down here to support your Mum. Lots of love Jack-Rabbit xxxx(Jane and Buns)xxxx
rabbits716.jpg

What a very special bunny, that last picture is lovely. She had a wonderful life and knew nothing but love from you. It's so good that you were there at the end with her.
Binky free Pippa. Say hello to the bridge bunnies and I'm sure you and my Nougat will have a lot to talk about.

Little Jack, Pippa will just love you as she is part Rex herself. I'm sure she will find you a lovely place once she has settled in herself and I am sure she will take care of you. You had best get your nose in on the parsley though else there will be none left!! I'm very glad that Pippa will have so many friends up there, I think that Scoot and Jack will be special bunsters to her xxx

Thank you Phill, Helen, Anna and touie. She had a brill life, I love that pic of Amy and Pippa too cos although Pippa wouldn't tolerate Amy, she did love to sit next to her with wire between! I expect her and Nougat will do lots of bunny chattering! I'm so glad I was there at the end too, helps me immensely to know they went quickly surrounded by love. xx

Big hugs Nicola, your girlie is in a nice place now with Scoot to show her the way. Binky free little Pippa, have a ball at the Bridge. :wink:

Oh Nicolar - I am so sad to hear Pippa has gone - but she had a wonderful life with you and I bet she always knew it :)

Run free little Pippaxx

aw no , i,m so sorry to hear that :cry: . binky free darling pippa , make sure that my boys cheekybun and chico are being good . xx

So sorry to hear about Pippa. What a beautful bunny. She had a pretty decent innings, too - 6.5 years and a peaceful end too.

Binky free Pippa.

AMETHYST

Thank you all so much. She did live a good life, I bet she is having fun up there now, meetin everybody and getting settled!

I'm so emotionally drained, I think I'll sleep like a log tonight! I still have to clear my bedroom of all her stuff, I'm not looking forward to that :( Every time I go in there I look at where she used to sit and then it hits me again.

Nicola

Awww nicola hope you do get a good nights sleepx
i think moving all there things is very hard as then it makes you realise there never comming back,when william was pts i kept all his toys i still have them in a box

Yeah it is so very difficult. May do it after dinner, just keep putting it off! Gonna keep her fleecy cat bed which she loved. I've also got to clean her hutch out tomorrow, she hadn't lived in it since last month but needs good clean :( It really makes you realise it is final. I hope that after all this crying I'll be sleepy!!

Back