• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know why!!!!!!!

Ali

Warren Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone had any answers for me,or anyone elses bunnies do this, why is it that Barney will not have any bedding at all in his bed/cage, Ive tried wood shavings, straw, hay,vet bed, old sweatshirts, tea towels, but he will not sit on anything other than the plastic floor of the cage or his bed, even when he was outside in the summer in his hutch all he would sit on then was the bare wood of the hutch everything I put in he just scrabs out, he just does not look comfortable to me.
This is Barney in his bed
IMG_3508.jpg

Trying to get out
IMG_3521.jpg

Flat out in his bed

IMG_3234.jpg

Ali and Barney :lol:

[/b]

Don't worry! Sophie is exactly the same! :D She is in a dog crate, and refuses to have anything on her floor, I tried hay (which she just moves out of the way) vetbed (which she tried to eat :shock: ) and all sorts, but she likes the plain metal floor! :roll: It took me ages to realise why she kept emptying her litter tray, she only wanted litter in there and no hay!!!! :roll: And even then she will only have the bare minimum of litter in there!!!!

Look... but you can't tell me she isn't comfy :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCF0122.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: They are so funny,my two are the same!!They just move everything out of the way,and chose to sleep on nothing :? Theay also don,t like anything in thier litter tray apart from litter!!

Thanks I thought there was something wrong with him

I have managed to stop his scrabbing everything out of his litter tray by buying a cat one with a rim round the edge.

Ali and Barney

Ali said:
Thanks I thought there was something wrong with him

I have managed to stop his scrabbing everything out of his litter tray by buying a cat one with a rim round the edge.

Ali and Barney

Hehe, thought I would have to do that too with the litter tray! :lol: They must be a special breed!!! :lol:

loopylop said:
Don't worry! Sophie is exactly the same! :D She is in a dog crate, and refuses to have anything on her floor, I tried hay (which she just moves out of the way) vetbed (which she tried to eat :shock: ) and all sorts, but she likes the plain metal floor! :roll: It took me ages to realise why she kept emptying her litter tray, she only wanted litter in there and no hay!!!! :roll: And even then she will only have the bare minimum of litter in there!!!!

Look... but you can't tell me she isn't comfy :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCF0122.jpg

Ahh Sophie looks soooooooooooo comfy bless her

Ali and Barney

At least it means you dont end up with hay all over your house!! I have a dark red carpet and within half an hour of hoovering it's covered in hay again!! :?

What a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I just think he can't be comfy at all and nothing to keep him warm :(

Ali and Barney

I often think that too... but if she doesn't like anything in there... what else can we do!! When it's cold, I try and let her spend as much time on the carpet as possible as I think its warmer!!!! But she never seems to be that bothered! :roll:

Even when Barney is running about the house we have no carpet down stairs just tiles and lamminate flooring, he goes and lays in the porch where the tiles are they are cold to the touch :cry: :cry:

Ali and Barney

Mine will sit in their run in the cold and rain :? But they are not daft,i am sure if they were freezing they would go somewhere warm

I wouldn't worry about an indoors bun being cold! They've got a built in fur coat (good for cushioning too). You probably find they shove the bedding out the way because it's too warm, my outdoor bunnies do that in summer and lie on the bare hutch/paving because it's cooler.

Tam

Thanks for replying everyone, I feel better now knowing that Barney is not the only one that does this. :p :p :p

Ali and Barney

yes Benny's the same, although the girls like a bit of carpet in their crate - I found the problem with vetbed was that when Maa jumped up or did anything, it slid into a heap - the carpet is that very flat, cheap doormat type and it doesn't ruck up as it's stiff - But Benny ate his :roll:

Lovely piccies! - and some Sophie ones too! :love:

Back