PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why!!!!!!!

Ali
13-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had any answers for me,or anyone elses bunnies do this, why is it that Barney will not have any bedding at all in his bed/cage, Ive tried wood shavings, straw, hay,vet bed, old sweatshirts, tea towels, but he will not sit on anything other than the plastic floor of the cage or his bed, even when he was outside in the summer in his hutch all he would sit on then was the bare wood of the hutch everything I put in he just scrabs out, he just does not look comfortable to me.
This is Barney in his bed
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/BARNEYSCUBA/IMG_3508.jpg

Trying to get out
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/BARNEYSCUBA/IMG_3521.jpg

Flat out in his bed

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/BARNEYSCUBA/IMG_3234.jpg

Ali and Barney :lol:

[/b]

loopylop
13-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Don't worry! Sophie is exactly the same! :D She is in a dog crate, and refuses to have anything on her floor, I tried hay (which she just moves out of the way) vetbed (which she tried to eat :shock: ) and all sorts, but she likes the plain metal floor! :roll: It took me ages to realise why she kept emptying her litter tray, she only wanted litter in there and no hay!!!! :roll: And even then she will only have the bare minimum of litter in there!!!!

Look... but you can't tell me she isn't comfy :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/loopylop/Sophie%20Bun/DSCF0122.jpg

Becca
13-01-2006, 04:52 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: They are so funny,my two are the same!!They just move everything out of the way,and chose to sleep on nothing :? Theay also don,t like anything in thier litter tray apart from litter!!

Ali
13-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks I thought there was something wrong with him

I have managed to stop his scrabbing everything out of his litter tray by buying a cat one with a rim round the edge.

Ali and Barney

rabswood
13-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I love those sleepy picture in the tray, so cute.

Rabswood

Sue&Sooty
13-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Aww what a cutie!!

My 2 are too used to being spoilt and like their vetbeds in their beds.

loopylop
13-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks I thought there was something wrong with him

I have managed to stop his scrabbing everything out of his litter tray by buying a cat one with a rim round the edge.

Ali and Barney

Hehe, thought I would have to do that too with the litter tray! :lol: They must be a special breed!!! :lol:

Ali
13-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Don't worry! Sophie is exactly the same! :D She is in a dog crate, and refuses to have anything on her floor, I tried hay (which she just moves out of the way) vetbed (which she tried to eat :shock: ) and all sorts, but she likes the plain metal floor! :roll: It took me ages to realise why she kept emptying her litter tray, she only wanted litter in there and no hay!!!! :roll: And even then she will only have the bare minimum of litter in there!!!!

Look... but you can't tell me she isn't comfy :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/loopylop/Sophie%20Bun/DSCF0122.jpg

Ahh Sophie looks soooooooooooo comfy bless her

Ali and Barney

loopylop
13-01-2006, 05:00 PM
:lol: Bless her! I think she prefers the carpet though......

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/loopylop/Sophie%20Bun/DSCF52.jpg

:lol:

Sue&Sooty
13-01-2006, 05:02 PM
At least it means you dont end up with hay all over your house!! I have a dark red carpet and within half an hour of hoovering it's covered in hay again!! :?

Ali
13-01-2006, 05:04 PM
What a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I just think he can't be comfy at all and nothing to keep him warm :(

Ali and Barney

loopylop
13-01-2006, 05:06 PM
I often think that too... but if she doesn't like anything in there... what else can we do!! When it's cold, I try and let her spend as much time on the carpet as possible as I think its warmer!!!! But she never seems to be that bothered! :roll:

Ali
13-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Even when Barney is running about the house we have no carpet down stairs just tiles and lamminate flooring, he goes and lays in the porch where the tiles are they are cold to the touch :cry: :cry:

Ali and Barney

loopylop
13-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Yup, Sophie lies right next to the patio doors where its cold! :lol:

What are they like! :lol:

Becca
13-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Mine will sit in their run in the cold and rain :? But they are not daft,i am sure if they were freezing they would go somewhere warm

Tamsin
13-01-2006, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't worry about an indoors bun being cold! They've got a built in fur coat (good for cushioning too). You probably find they shove the bedding out the way because it's too warm, my outdoor bunnies do that in summer and lie on the bare hutch/paving because it's cooler.

Tam

Ali
14-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks for replying everyone, I feel better now knowing that Barney is not the only one that does this. :P :P :P

Ali and Barney

elve
14-01-2006, 03:09 PM
yes Benny's the same, although the girls like a bit of carpet in their crate - I found the problem with vetbed was that when Maa jumped up or did anything, it slid into a heap - the carpet is that very flat, cheap doormat type and it doesn't ruck up as it's stiff - But Benny ate his :roll:

Lovely piccies! - and some Sophie ones too! :love:

Nicola C
14-01-2006, 03:54 PM
What gorgeous bunsters you both have :love:
Nicola x

MandyM
14-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Fab pics guys :thumb: :love:

melaniejb
14-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Albert's similar! He tolerates newspaper on the floor but hates hay or shredded paper! He does love a litter tray covered with hay though!

bizzy_vicki
14-01-2006, 09:43 PM
my two are the same, prefer to lie straight on the newspaper of cage floor rather than their lovely full bedding box!
great pics by the way.

sarsimp
14-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Ive tried everything with Pip - I put a small towel in but within a short time he had hauled it out and jammed it in the hole that goes downstairs and he and Polly were stuck upstairs for a couple of hours - luckily they have a water bottle up there :roll:

All I do now is keep putting hay hay and more hay in there and some gets left behind and they dont soil their sleeping quarters so thats ok - and I cover the hutch bit with a quilt when its really cold :D

piningforarabbit
15-01-2006, 08:59 PM
phew...I thought my two were crazy when they did this

now I know they are not alone :))

it was weird to watch fifi push all the hay out of her nest each time I filled it up with the intention of keeping her warm

Ali
16-01-2006, 03:07 PM
I had that same feeling!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: I makes you feel a lot better once you know your rabbits not the only one :D :D

Ali and Barney

racheyrabbit
17-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Kahlo does exactly the same. She screws her vetbed up into a ball and then sleeps on the plastic floor of her cage underneath :? Wokky used to do this too. She used to sleep on the coldest piece of lino she could find in the kitchen and when she slept outside in the summer would clear all the bedding out of the way and sleep in the windiest, coldest part of the hutch on the bare wooden floor :?

These bunnies certainly have a mind of their own and they know what they like!

Ali
17-01-2006, 07:22 PM
These bunnies certainly have a mind of their own and they know what they like![/quote]

You would think that they would want to keep nice and warm and snug, I know I do :lol: :lol:

Ali and Barney

Deelove
18-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Molly has a tent bed, but he still sleeps on the bare shelf above it. Or his latest is half on and half off the ladder. Sometimes I worry he'll fall off when he goes half upside down. They always look so comfy.

racheyrabbit
18-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Kahlo's got one of those fiddlesticks things in her cage as a kind of shelf and I've often found her fast asleep on that in the morning.... can't be comfy can it... I'll have to try and get some photos next times she's doing it.

Ali
18-01-2006, 12:37 PM
That would be great to see :D :D

Ali and Barney