• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home made rabbit treats?

bunnyhuggger

Warren Veteran
There was a thread ages ago about making our own healthy rabbit treats but I can't find it now. Anyone got any recipes? :?

OMG me too!!!! Can't wait to try some!

I think one of them had mashed pellets in it... but don't quote me on that!!

Was it not Gina Paul??? :? (Sorry if it wasn't Gina!!) :?

Oooh i remember that!!!! We make treats for the rats but im never too sure what to put in buns ones?

the only recipe i had for treats was this .

supa excel rabbit food popped into a blender so that its very small grainy bits . remove from blender and add some oats , banana (to bind it together) and a little water until you get a good consistency but not so runny that it will not be easy to handle . . mould into small round shapes and bake in the oven for about 15min at gas mark 4 (i think) . its been so long since i made them . I think i,ll make some for the monsters tomorrow .

twilightpagan said:
What recipes do you make desdi??

oh, i've not baked in years. its usually just cakes for us 2 foots!

the thought of making things for the furries sounds like fun though and i have all the ingredients already!

thanks for that as i never thought of making treats for them before now...

I seem to remember loopylop starting a thread about poo (pellet) biscuits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rabswood

Guesss what I've been doing :p
Bit of experimenting :D Must admit, they smell yum! They are cooling atm, so will try them with the bunnies later :)

The ingredients..
k3.jpg

Carrot, oat, banana and pellet biscuits...
k2.jpg

Apple, oat and banana biscuits just gone in the oven...
k1.jpg

They look yummy,could just eat the apple,banana ones myself :) Will have to try baking some for my two.

rabswood said:
I seem to remember loopylop starting a thread about poo (pellet) biscuits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rabswood

That was funny, my other half thought I was making biscuits from poo rather than pellets the daft bat!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I made some of the biscuits tonight,my two loved them.I did the oats,banana,and apple.I had a taste myself!They were lovely but not sweet enough for me :oops:

Right, I have all the ingredients now :D but just have a few questions

1. why are the biscuits baked? can they not be given raw as bunnies eat raw carrots and apple

2. is it the banana that binds it all together or do you need to add something else e.g. water?

3. how long do they last - I presume they're stored in the fridge

thanks very much
Jill the Wannabe Bunny Domestic Goddess :D

Back