• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mollys story

luvabun

Warren Veteran
This is a long one....... and has been ongoing for a year. Its about Molly, my inspirational old bunny. I got her a year ago and she was the grand old age of 11 then. :D She had spent the past 5 years of her life in rescues :cry: I can only presume it was because of her age as she has the sweetest, gentlest nature ever. I'd had her a month when we discovered she had "masses" in her abdomen :cry: and not knowing her medical history i.e. spayed or not, we decided she was too old to be operated on. I've been giving her Essiac Tea (an alternative remedy that allegedly shrinks tumours) since then, although not religiously as she's not too keen on it. Here's some photos from the past year......

bunnies034.jpg

bunnies060.jpg

bunnies015.jpg

I can't count the number of times I've been tapping away on the pc here with Molly on my lap - she would stay here for ever and when I got up to go to the loo, she would too. We would watch tv together too... she would sit there very content even when I was watching loud stuff like Kerrang, bless her.......
I recently tried to bond her with a toyboy but it didn't work out.... perhaps they knew something we didn't...........
DSC00472.jpg

It did look hopeful for a while but was not to be :cry:
Well she's now on borrowed time as she is riddled with tumours :cry: :cry: you can feel the clusters of lumps in her insides :cry: I've decided its not fair to operate due to her age and am taking each precious day with her, one day at a time. I'm going to be guided by Molls - whilst she can still hop round the garden in her own elegant way, I'm going to let her be. She has good days and not so good ones...... somedays she barely eats yet others, well look at this pic of her getting stuck in.. literally

DSC00503.jpg

she really has been an inspiration - totally defying her age.

just wanted to share that with you.

aaaawww what a darling she is! I hope she enjoys the rest of her days with you even if she wasnt keen on a toyboy! Looks like she is very happy.. its great that she has been able to have a lovely home after such a long time in a rescue.

Thanks Chris... I don't knowwhats wrong with that last pic. Its perfectly fine and clear on photobucket but fuzzy here.... grrrr... its so cute with her head in the hay willow ball

im so sorry Jill :cry: she looks like a complete angel, very beautiful little girl. she looks so happy in all of those piccies-i love the one of her with the hay ball :lol: please give her big cuddles from me.

Aww shes so sweet bless her, why do our pets have to become ill like this when we love them so much!? :roll:

She is such a beautiful bunster.
She is very lucky to have found you after such a long time in rescues... oh and I'd also say you are pretty lucky to have found such a loving bunster too!!

Awwww what a gorgeous old lady,at least she can live the rest of her life in a good home,bless her,what a pity shes poorly like this, :(

Aww Jill I remember seeing her on RR and when you adopted her I was so pleased...you've made her last year a very happy one and here's hoping she keeps strong for a while yet x

Bless her little heart. Bless yours too for taking her on.
It gave me such a warm feeling to see her playing in the garden.

I think you are right not to put her through operations at her age.
The best you can do is what you are doing - making her life as happy as you can. However hard we try in rescues I don't think we can offer the 'specialness' of having a proper home.
Being her mum you will know when her time has come, and you will not let her suffer - you will have the privilage of being able to help her on her way.

aww Gill you know how much I love your Molly and she has had the best life with you and she has had nothing but love - well done for loving her so much and being a great bunny mummy - p.s she is still a babe love the piccies :love: :love:

Thanks guys, its comforting to know that this special bun is loved by so many. She has just given me a scare. She was in her teepee and very cold and when I stroked her, she closed her eyes. So many people have said I'll know when the time is right and for a while I thought it was now. She wouldn't even eat the basil when I shoved it under her nose. I phoned Denny in tears (again) :oops: and Obi-Wan passed on some of her wonderful wisdom. Next thing you know whilst we're talking, Molly hops out in search of food :D Denny has warned me that I'll be up and down like this.

Awww Jill, everyone told me that i would know when Baillie needed to go and i did. I don't know how but i knew. You will know when she needs to go XX

Phill said:
Awww Jill, everyone told me that i would know when Baillie needed to go and i did. I don't know how but i knew. You will know when she needs to go XX
Hope you're right Phill, I don't want her to suffer and I'm sure you felt the same about Baillie.

luvabun said:
Phill said:
Hope you're right Phill, I don't want her to suffer and I'm sure you felt the same about Baillie.

You wont let her suffer Jill, i really didn't think i could let baillie go but when i got the phonecall from my sister on monday morning i just new. If i had kept him going until today which was the planned day for him to leave then he would have suffered, but the time had come on Monday and you will know and you wont let her suffer Jill XX

thinking of you matey, give Miss Molly a big cuddle from me, she is an insperational bun to everyone, she is truely a stunning lady with a zest for life, just like her mum :wink: :D

Back