• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Olly guinea piggy

elve

Banned
A few weeks ago, baby Olly was badly in need of a haircut...and some ritalin :lol:

blur.jpg

After he was all spruced up, he felt much better :D

littleolly.jpg

Oliver can talk! :shock:
If you talk to him, he doesn't squeal like a piggy, he goes 'peep peep peep'.....Our conversation last night was something like:
(me) 'hello Olly - how are you?'
(olly) 'peep peep peep!' (bounces around and nudges tissue box bed)
(me) 'you're getting too big for that bed now, aren't you Olly?'
(olly) 'peep peep peep peep (throws box) peep peep peep!'
(me) 'I'll have to find you a shoe box won't I?'
(olly) 'Peep Peep!'

Well just 2 wheeeks on from his haircut, his tissue box is outgrown (only his bum fitted in it) - No shoebox :(
He's resorted to burying himself in the hay - there's now even more on top of him as they've been fed :lol:

haybed.jpg

Crystal does the same - she's invisible at the moment and her auntie Beattie nearly trod on her :lol:

beattiecrystal.jpg

Crystal's mum Florence just lies on the top - too much bother to build a nest when you've had all those kids :roll:

asleeponthehay.jpg

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :D

Youre daft - wouldnt catch me talking to MY animals..........'now Daisy dog,where have you hidden my slipper this time - in with your toys - ok good girl, much better than taking it up the garden in the rain'.... :roll:

:lol: shhhh - the neighbours will hear you (mine must think I'm barmy)

I've taught my son, who hated all animals this time last year, and wouldn't let me have any unless they lived in the shed :roll: to talk to the animals - it's so sweet to listen to him now - He used to walk around silently looking at them till I explained it frightened them as he seemed like a prowling predator - So now he burbles on with soft baby talk to them all the time, and little Olly is his favourite cos he talks back! :D

he's an alpaca - I rescued a breeder's entire stock last year on a mad impulse thanks to this forum - talk about changing your life overnight! - I have never worked so hard :roll:

But I loved them too much to rehome them as planned - they are worth all that scrubbing :D

Olly got hungry earlier and just started eating his bed...which got me thinking -
you could stack biscuit tins up and make a bed couldn't you? No need to get up and make breakfast :p

What are you on? :lol: :lol:

Its great that your son is so in to the animals now - remember you saying ages ago about how scared he was of them - I hate to see kids afraid of anmals but some are - for whatever reason and i think you should feel proud of yourself for having got your son over his fear :D

Back