• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Arrrggghhhh!!! Claws

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Right Bootz need sher claws cut and when she's on the ground she's very snuggely and friendly but if you hold on to her for to long she gets annoyed and nips. How on earth can i cut her claws with out stressing her or me out???

Can anyone else help hold her? When we get Phoebo's done, Rich and I take turns to hold him whilst our friend at the local pet shop does the clipping (I am way to scared to try it myself!). We also give him a good few minutes rest between each paw
Julie x

Joo & Phoebo said:
Can anyone else help hold her? When we get Phoebo's done, Rich and I take turns to hold him whilst our friend at the local pet shop does the clipping (I am way to scared to try it myself!). We also give him a good few minutes rest between each paw
Julie x

Normally my mum holds the buns whilst i cut but she's had to have her leg broken so she can't stand up or sit she has to have her leg out all the time so it's very difficult for her to keep hold of bootz. I need to divise some kind of way for my mum to hold her whilst she sat in bed with neither of us getting bitten! mmmmmmmmmmmm

When doing my rexes i put them on my knee,the i lift one paw up,while i learn over them,put a towel underneath them though as they tend to nip my legs,and have nipped my boob! :lol:

bluebunny said:
When doing my rexes i put them on my knee,the i lift one paw up,while i learn over them,put a towel underneath them though as they tend to nip my legs,and have nipped my boob! :lol:

ouch!!!! I will try that Marie, im just not sure she will sit still long enough!

I'm going to take Tia to the vets when the dreaded claw-clipping day comes (bonding AND claw clipping wuss...Well just a wuss really :lol: )

elve said:
I'm going to take Tia to the vets when the dreaded claw-clipping day comes (bonding AND claw clipping wuss...Well just a wuss really :lol: )

I think i may have to take Bootz, all the others are fine with it they just sit and have it done but Bootzy gets stressed by it.

Could you do her claws when she has all but the paw you are doing on a flat surface, such as on a table, so someone can approach her from the opposite side to you. A bit like leaning over the vets table.

Janice

i havent tried myself yet but i need to soon before i have no arms left - have you tried wrapping bun up in a towel - i heard thats a good way stops them wriggling and do one paw at a time with a rest out of the towel after each one?

Interesting question they are always talking about trancing on rabbits only - does anyone here do that?

While Sophie lies on the floor having fuss, I clip them then! She lets me lift her paw and clip them... she's great cus she knows a yummy treat will follow :wink: If I try and pick Sophie up, Ive got no chance of anything!

loopylop said:
While Sophie lies on the floor having fuss, I clip them then! She lets me lift her paw and clip them... she's great cus she knows a yummy treat will follow :wink: If I try and pick Sophie up, Ive got no chance of anything!

I've got no chance of that with Bootz!!!!! :lol:

Diddeen said:
what about wrapping her in a towel with just her foot you want showing ?

I may well try that Chris it's really justthe picking her upand being held bit she doesn't like

Back