• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweet Melissa

Adele

Warren Veteran
binkiesEntries039.jpg

Our Darling Melissa ,( pictured here on the left as you look at the photo) passed away peacefully in my arms at 2.30 pm today :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
You were the most gentle and loving bunny we have ever had the pleasure to know, and also one of the bravest.
You came to us seven years ago when you were about two/ three via a vet whose Client had given up on you when treatments for bladder stones and sludge had failed. :( They were unable to afford any more treatment for you, but they had cared for you very well until then.
You were so frail when you first came to your new home, so more surgery was not an option...instead I researched other ways of helping your problems, and started you on lemon juice in water (to dissolve the bladder stones), Cranberry juice (to aid the bladder) and a hay only diet.
This ultimately flushed the problem right out of your system, and combined with a years worth of Baytril, we got you back to full health :D :D
You made some new friends when you were strong enough to mix, and had five or six years in groups, but our Netherland Dwarf BUNNY (next to you in the photo)was always your best buddy, and you were never parted :)
You gave all your love and support to Bunny during the three months she was fighting to overcome an horrible abscess, and it was down to you that she made it through the hard times...Bunny did not leave your side for the last 24 hours you were deteriorating, and just snuggled in to you, as you had been there for her all her life :)
I was amazed you made it through the night, but was so pleased to be able to have a few more hours to hold you and give you all our love.....you had some bad turns when I thought you were taking your last breath, but I asked you to hold on till Daddy David came in for lunch..and bless you , you did :wink: :lol: ...you looked him straight in the eye, and gave him a weak lick, even though your body was failing.... :cry: :cry: :cry: Daddy sobbed as he went off to work once more, and I was left alone with you, and stayed right by your side, with your ever loyal BUNNY, till you slipped away comfortably mid afternoon :cry: :cry:

It is apt that you died on the Birthday Anniversary of my Mum , who would have been 61 if she was alive today.....I visualised her arriving with some angels to carry your little soul off to Heaven, and like to think you are there now, surrounded by all your bunny (and human )friends past.

You have left me with a dilemma re BUNNY, as she is so frail at 8, and has a wonky leg which is vulnerable if another rabbit should chase her.
I dont think BUNNY is fit enough to have a buddy, you were the only one we could trust never to chase her..you were the sweetest most loving rabbit...unique, special and so missed already :cry: :cry:

Thank you for bringing so much to BUNNYs and all our lives, rest in peace little one
:cry: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ohh Adele, I am sat here with tears in my eyes, not for Melissa, who is happily binkying around the bridge, but for you and David and poor Bunny, you must all be heartbroken.

Big hugs to you all, and binky free forever Melissa

tupperwarequeen said:
ohh Adele, I am sat here with tears in my eyes, not for Melissa, who is happily binkying around the bridge, but for you and David and poor Bunny, you must all be heartbroken.

Big hugs to you all, and binky free forever Melissa

aaaaawwww thank you so much..we really needed those hugs, bless you :)
XXXX

Adele, I'm so sorry to read that. Its a lovely tribute for what was obviously a very special bun.

:cry:
Its a tribute to your inventiveness that shw survived so long, bless her.

Oh Adele - how sad you must feel - but what a wonderful life Melissa had with you and David - run free special little carer of Bunnyxx

Dearest Adele, I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news, I know how much all of your buns mean to you. She had the best life anybun could have and I'm sure she's at the bridge right now telling all the other buns of the wonderful life she had with Mommy Adele and Daddy David. Thinking of you both on this sad day. ((((((Hugs))))))xxxxxxxxxxxxx Take Carexx

MandyM said:
Dearest Adele, I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news, I know how much all of your buns mean to you. She had the best life anyone could give her and I'm sure she's at the bridge right now telling all the other buns of the wonderful life she had with Mommy Adele and Daddy David. Thinking of you both on this sad day. ((((((Hugs))))))xxxxxxxxxxxxx Take Carexx

aaaawwwwww bless you Mandy, you are very sweet, and your words mean a great deal to us...thank you :)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

luvabun said:
Adele, I'm so sorry to read that. Its a lovely tribute for what was obviously a very special bun.

:cry:
Its a tribute to your inventiveness that shw survived so long, bless her.

Thank you for your lovely message Jill :) Melissa was an amazing bunny she had a heart of gold and a wonderful spirit that is now soaring with the angels.... and a few million other wabbits too...oh no :!: Have made myself cry again :roll: :cry: :cry:

XXXXX

Thanks to Melndan and sarah for taking the time to post a message too.
XXX

Oh Adele i am so sorry that Melissa has gone to the bridge X I am thinking of you at this sad time XX

What a wonderful story! Although I'm very sad to hear of Melissa's passing, I find it so uplifting that a bunny who was so poorly when she came to you, lived a very full, happy and long life thanks to your wonderful care.

Binky free Melissa. Enjoy the long grass and the wonderful sunshine.

Hugs to you, Adele, and David and BUNNY.

Dear Adele and David. We are both so sorry to hear the news about Melissa what a gorgeous girl she was and she will be an even more beautiful angel. She will be sat with your mum watching over you, David and the buns and she will have a smile on her face and a heart so full of love that she took with her from you. I am sending you both a huge hug and lots of love and we are all here to support you through.

((Adele and David)) Hugs.

Melissa is now happily running around at the Bridge meeting up with her old pals at the bridge. No more pain or tummy problems.
And meeting loads of your other Bunnies who will know you well too.
And perhaps Bunnies like Scooot who she undoubtably will have heard of.

And your Mum wil have made sure she found her way there safely.
And she will have made sure that all the Bunny's Guaridan Angels know to look after her especially as she might be missing Bunny too.

Melissa was an amazing Bun, to have helped dear little Bunny like that with everything she went through. they sort of helped each other along. I hope Bunny will not miss her to much.
Melissa was there for Bunny, and Bunny was there for Melissa right to the very end.

Sleep tight little Melissa.
And run free in the beatuful meadows and binky lots.

I'm so sorry to hear about Melissa :( she sounds like such a special little girl, such a lovely tribute but I can't help having tears in my eyes. I know Melissa is safe at the bridge, but my heart breaks for you and bunny. I remember how heart broken Gypsy was when our Bilbo went to the bridge :(

Binky free Melissa xx

So sorry to read that you have lost little Melissa and I send a special comforting nose-rub to poor bereaved Bunny :cry: :cry: Melissa is now happy, safe and well at The Bridge but the two-foots/four-foots left behind are hurting lots :cry: :cry: . Melissa obviously had a wonderful life with you and her passing sounds as though it was very peaceful. Sending you huge hugs and maybe little Bunny might benefit from a soft toy to snuggle into. Some of my frail/disabled oldies who have lost a bunny friend and cannot cope with the stresses of a new 'bonding' have really seemed to appreciate a cuddly toy. My late Ruffles carried his Teddy around in his mouth, daft boy! Thinking of you. Love Jane and Buns xx

I am so sad for you all. I have no doubt your Mother is cuddling Melissa now and taking care of her.

How wonderful for Melissa to have found you. Any bunny of your has a cherished life indeed.

lots of love to you xxxxxxx Alice

Oh Adele, I am so very sorry. :cry: But how amazing that she found you and you were able to sort out her medical problems so that she had so many more years and those years were good quality. What we should be doing now is rejoicing in that recovery and those extra years but it isn't as simple as that is it? :cry: And my heart always breaks for the little friend who is left behind on their own and you can't explain to them why. :cry:

Big hugs to you and David on losing Melissa but what a wonderful life. :D

Back