• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House buns??

Mizzmarni

Young Bun
Ok i have decided to get a new bun but i want to keep him in my room, therefore i would like advice on what sort of cage i should need (size e.t.c) and anything else vital i should know.

I have had bunnies beofre but have always wanted a house rabbit.. I want to get a mini-lop.. Does anyone know of a partically good cage??

Anyone i need your advice..

Thank you all so much
Love always
Mizzmarni
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

dog cages are probably the best type of cage... there are loads on ebay.. search for dog crate or dog cage. the bigger the better.. they have lots of head room so u can always put a shelf in too.
Be warned that they can be very noisey at night and keep you awake.. and just be sure all cables are well out of sight or they may eat them! :wink:

I've just moved Zeubin from outside, into my room to become a house bun!
My bedroom is the size of a shoebox...plus all my stuff in here too, so I had to be careful how I planned his cage.
Chris (Diddeen) was a star in helping me decide on cages...and well as others on here helping me chose what bedding to line it with etc.

I was very lucky, as a friend of mine gave me a dog crate she didn't use...and weird and lucky as it was, it fits perfectly under my desk!!
Zeubin has full run on my room during the day..and he's 100% litter trained, so there's no mess at all.

I will add pics in a mo, explaining my set up :)

Ok pics....

Zeubin has a dog crate as his 'base', which is situated under my desk :)

I've lined under the plastic tray with newspaper, as advised by ppl on here who say it rattles without that padding...which is true!
In this pic, his crate was lined with newspaper...but I found Zeubin kept keeping me awake at night tearing it up! So now he has vet bed in there...which he still digs at..but it isn't as noisy! :lol:
dogcrate3.jpg

I've also changed his litter from woodshavings to wood pellets. With the pellets I've found no mess at all :)

I bought one of those 'hamster runs' you can buy in the pet shops...and made it into a wire guard!
indoorbung2.jpg

indoorbun.jpg

Crate under my desk... (please excuse the mess!)
Picture1842950.jpg

After all that playing out....
sleepy1.jpg

Note the vet bed...and the rearrangement of toys :roll: :lol:
sleepy3.jpg

Taken about 15mins ago....
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/Veron781/sleeeeepy.jpg

mine live in my room, they have a large enclosure (half my room) so they can run and binky, then once I'm hoem they have the run of the rest too :

The view from my door:
room2.jpg

From my bed area

room3.jpg

and this is what I made up for them to play on and hide under

room5.jpg

room7.jpg

When I just had Travis, he had a large cage on the floor and was let out on the morning and evenings, then i made a mini "run" up attached to his cage so that he could run about during the day when I was at work....that kinda got progressively bigger until I got two buns, then it kept getting bigger, now, they can't have it any bigger without completely having my room!!! :oops:

buns.jpg

wow! your room looks so tidy :shock: i have my buns in my room, they are out of their large cage all the time, but there is hay, straw, food and stuff all over the place :oops: I even have a bowl of rabbit food on my bed so Gypsy can escape Storm's chasing and honking and eat in peace! :lol: she even sleeps next to me on the bed sometimes!. It is definetly more their room than mine :lol: glad I don't have a pic to show you, I'd be really embarrassed! :oops: :oops:

Hermione doesn't have a cage/ dog crate.
She lives in my kitchen/dining room. She has her pet carrier which has cat litter in it, another litter tray in the corner, a hay tray inside her tent and a huge tunnel from P@H plus hundreds of cat toys.

She's very happy and hates being caged up.

sparklefairy said:
wow! your room looks so tidy :shock: i have my buns in my room, they are out of their large cage all the time, but there is hay, straw, food and stuff all over the place :oops: I even have a bowl of rabbit food on my bed so Gypsy can escape Storm's chasing and honking and eat in peace! :lol: she even sleeps next to me on the bed sometimes!. It is definetly more their room than mine :lol: glad I don't have a pic to show you, I'd be really embarrassed! :oops: :oops:

Awwwwww your room sounds like my room's identical twin :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back