• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Wonderful Wilbur has gone to the Bridge :-(

Jaypot

Mama Doe
This morning at 9.39pm our beautiful sweet boy left us :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: We are again brokenhearted - we love our Wilbur so very much - we will miss him for the longest time :cry: :cry: :cry:
Wilbur came to us on the 23rd December 2004 and was in a pretty bad way - he had had a dental the day before and then stayed at the vets overnight - when he arrived here we did not think that he would survive the night :cry: All Christmas Eve we nursed him and gave him fluids - Christmas morning we awoke to find a bright eyed boy :D We where so very happy and it was the best Christmas present we could ever have asked for.
Wilbur had been taken to a "rescue" on the Wirral where he had spent 2 years or more in a tiny hutch in a dark shed - his food and water where limited and he had terrible teeth. When he was rescued by Sarah she asked if we could take him - we said that we would. We had no idea of his background or his age but we did know that he was an old fellow.
Wilbur never hopped properly - he always trotted - we used to laugh at the way he did this and we would sing "My little Pony" to him - he made our hearts sing with joy.
We also called him Professor Wilbur as he would have such an intelligent look on his face - as though he knew everything that was going on and understood it all.
Wilbur only ever wanted comfort and food - he asked for no more than that. He was happy alongside your feet or legs - he would wrap himself around your feet just to feel you beside him. He was not one for being picked up and cuddled but would stay on the floor having strokes for absolutely ages. He just wanted to be loved - and he got that a million fold here as you could not have asked for a sweeter, gentler boy than him. Whoever gave him up in the first place lost out on the most wonderful boy - the "rescue" nearly took his life away due to his bad teeth and diet but he lived for another year with us and was happy for every second of that year.
Wilbur had been in renal failure for a while (probably due to the fact that he hardly had any water at the "rescue") - he tried so very hard to cope with it all - he then developed an abscess in his ear and it burst through to his eye and nose. Yesterday his back legs gave way altogether - we had known for the past week or so that Wilbur's time with us was very limited :cry: :cry: :cry:
I got up at 4.10am to check on him and he was very poorly - he was not in any pain but just by looking at him I knew that he would leave us today :cry: :cry: :cry: I nursed him until I got Daddy up at 7am and we both took it in turns to nurse him and tell him how much we love and adore him. Wilbur was very peaceful all the time he was being nursed - he just lay upside down in my arms and rested against my chest - he could hear and feel my heartbeat and I think that gave him comfort. He had no responses at all - he was completely unaware of where he was :cry: :cry: :cry: John took him to the vet for the final time and Wilbur gently drifted away - it took no time at all as he was ready :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Wilbur darling, you came to us so very ill but we loved you immediately - we knew that you where a happy boy and we knew that you loved us very much.
Have fun at the Bridge darling one - you can run and hop and binky now - you can flirt with all the does as well - you are so handsome that they are bound to want to be with you.
We promised that we would take care of you as soon as you arrived here, and we hope that we fulfilled that promise to you.
I told you this morning that we would always be with you - and I meant it - it is us that are suffering as we are not able to see you - you are having lots of fun now and will not miss us as time has no meaning at the Bridge. In the blink of an eye our baby boy, we will be with you again and will never ever leave you again.
We love you Wilbur - we always have and we always will. Run free in the eternal sunshine darling boy - you deserve it so much after all that you went through before coming home to us.
All our love always and for eternity - your broken-hearted Mummy, Daddy and your brothers and sisters of the Hairy Mob - xxxxxxxxxx

wilbur2jan.jpg

[/img]
wilbur27feb05.jpg

wilbur8mar05.jpg
[/img]

Oh Jay and John we are so very sorry to hear about your Wilbur bunny :cry: :cry:
I am afraid I have not got much strength myself today as Melissa died in my arms at 2.30pm, so forgive me for not being much help my friend :(

Great big hugs to you, and John.
Wilbur was so lucky to spend his life with yous at Ebony Eyes.

All our love
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So sorry Jay and John, that your dear Wilbur has left you - what a sweetie he was :(

Adele - I am so sorry for you too, you must be very sad............

but you are all such wonderful bunny mums and dads that you are bound to feel the sadness to the core - its because you are such loving and caring peoplexx

So very sorry to hear your news Jay & John he looked a lovely bun, with plenty of personality to boot. Thinking of you ((((((Hugs)))))) xxxxxx

Adele said:
Oh Jay and John we are so very sorry to hear about your Wilbur bunny :cry: :cry:
I am afraid I have not got much strength myself today as Melissa died in my arms at 2.30pm, so forgive me for not being much help my friend :(

Great big hugs to you, and John.
Wilbur was so lucky to spend his life with yous at Ebony Eyes.

All our love
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Adele, so very sorry to hear this sad news, thinking of you matey ((((((Hugs))))))xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What sad news. :( I am very sorry to hear your Wilbur has gone to the bridge. I'm sure Scoot the party bun is introducing him to all the does there by now though.

My dear friends my heart is breaking for you today. Wilbur , wow what a brave bun he was, and he thrived and grew into that bun because he was surrounded by love at EE. Your love knows no bounds and even at sad times like this you pull more from somewhere and your strentgh amazes us. This past few months have been unkind to you losing Scoot, April and now Wilbur but we are as always here whenever you need us, just call and we will do our best to help you through.

When it is too painful just remember...I know a song that will get on your nerves :wink:

Dearest Wilbur, how does it feel sweet boy, no pain, no more fighting the illness just happiness and sunshine at the bridge. Scoot will guide you and together you will look after your mum and dad as they need your love still. Enjoy the grass under your feet and the gentle breeze on your face, binky till your heart is content and relax knowing that all there is now is eternal hapiness and love. Rest easy Wilbur xx

Jay and John, may your memories of Wilbur bun live forever in your hearts, as he binkies free and healthy and happy at the Rainbow Bridge, chaing his brother Scoot and watching over his mummy and daddy and the brothers and sisters he leaves behind. I am sure that Scoot will show him around...probably where to find those lovely lady buns I expect :wink:

all our love to you all

Binky free Wilbur.

You know how much love you got this last year. More than an entire life's worth.
And you gave that love back by keeping your Mummy and Daddy company and keeping their feet warm.

Run free little man. No more pain or sore places.
He will soon find Scoot his old buddy.

To lose 2 such special bunnies in such a short time is heartbreaking.
But you are there with both of them, in their hearts adn they wil be teling everyone about Daddy John and Mummy Jay and how much love you had for him.

And binky lots nad no more trotting!

Thinking of you Jay and John.

So sorry to hear about wilbur :( it always makes me so sad to come here, so I don't come hear too often. It was a lovely tribute to your lovely bunny. he will remain in your heart always.
Run free wilbur xx

Oh sweet little boy, whenever your mummy talks about you, I have such a vivid mental picture of your sweet little face and I can remember, as with Scoot, taking that "one last look before I go"..... :cry: It is such a sad day.....I am so sorry, Jay and John, but what a wonderful year he had with you after all that neglect, he must have already thought he'd died and gone to heaven. Rest easy little Wilbur and enjoy being fit and healthy in that sunshine. xxxx

Jay and John I am so sorry.

When I first saw Wilbur sitting in a tiny hutch I thought of you. I knew you would love and care for him and make up for all he had suffered at the hands of others. Of course you did just this and when I met Wilbur again I could not believe the transformation.

Binky free brave brave little bunny, I will never forget you.

Sarah xxxxx

Back