• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and fruit??

I was wondering who gives there rabbits fruit?Iv given banana before but they wouldnt eat it,also when i gave them apple they ate a little but i ended up with all ants in there hutches :x ,so iv not given any fruit since,is there any fruits they do like and can eat?did anyone else have trouble with it attracting the ants??

How long did you leave it in there? If i give mine some apple its gone in seconds! If they don't eat it up straight away I wouldn't bother giving it to them!

Fruit's OK in moderation (contains sugars). If they don't seem too keen on fruit then you'd be better off sticking to dark green veg - much better for them!

I feed grapes, tomatoes, apple & plums. Not a lot though cos of the sugar & I remove it if not eaten by then end of the day

My bridge bunny Wokky wouldn't touch fruit unless it was dried. She adored any dried fruit and would beg for it contunuously! Kahlo likes dried fruit too (banana, mango, pineapple, apple, apricot etc.), and I have tried her with a little bit of fresh banana which she almost took my hand off for! I only ever hand-fed Kahlo fruit (fresh or dried) to ensure that she gets small amounts as a treat.

Alfie goes mental over banana, if i have eaten one he won't leave me alone until he has a bit. I give him a quarter every few days.

He also loves dried fruit & apple and oranges..actually he'll eat anything!!

My bunnies ADORE fruit! They've had apple, clemantine, grapes and banana - only a little bit though as I don't want any upset tummies!

My friend Ian has just seen this thread. He has a warped sense of humour and on reading the thread title pipes up with the remark......Oh, so do you do recipe ideas too....... :roll: :roll: HE WAS ONLY JOKING!! He's a veggie and has two bunsters 6 dogs 5 cats and 3 horses....!! He still got a slap though!!:wink: :wink: Jane and Buns xx

Mine adore fruit too :) they have it regularly with their other veges, just whatever I happen to have in the bowl really...

Lovage actually stole a WHOLE MELON last summer & ate nearly the whole lot! I was on the ready for some serious diarrhoea but it never came.thankfully! Stomach of iron that rabbit! lol

gucci used to pick the raspberries off the bush, she loved them and she loves apples even melon once i think...and black berries ahed get juice all round her lil mouth lol

JCO said:
My friend Ian has just seen this thread. He has a warped sense of humour and on reading the thread title pipes up with the remark......Oh, so do you do recipe ideas too....... :roll: :roll: HE WAS ONLY JOKING!! He's a veggie and has two bunsters 6 dogs 5 cats and 3 horses....!! He still got a slap though!!:wink: :wink: Jane and Buns xx

Jane that reminds me of the time I did a search on google for Rabbit and vegetables and loads of cookery pages came up! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Estelle said:
Jane that reminds me of the time I did a search on google for Rabbit and vegetables and loads of cookery pages came up! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

My bunnies love apple, Bobby loves grapes, but I don't really give them much fruit, preger to stick to the green stuff!

all of my 4 buns like apple but they only get a tiny bit when i'm eating one, just a couple of slithers each! they also like the dried fruit mix. i usually put raisins and stuff out for the birds each day but when Moet and Chandon see me it's their cue to come to the end of their run and beg me for some too!

OMG sophie loves fruit, she likes the following...

Grapes
Strawberries
Pear
Apple
Oranges
banana

:D She has little bits at a time and not very often!

Harry love eating strawberries, one year I had a strawberry plant ,went outside and there was none left, he ate everything stalks, leaves and the fruits.

Only give mine banana if they need to gain weight, Rupert absolutely adores it and gobbles it up as soon as he sees it.

Grapes are my lots passion, they steal them when you're not looking.

Harry love eating strawberries, one year I had a strawberry plant ,went outside and there was none left, he ate everything stalks, leaves and the fruits.

Only give mine banana if they need to gain weight, Rupert absolutely adores it and gobbles it up as soon as he sees it.

Grapes are my lots passion, they steal them when you're not looking.

I don't really feed my rabbits fruit for more than just a treat.
Gosh though all 4 of them are nuts for bananas!
I haven't really found any other fruits that they like though....none of them will touch apple....or orange...or any other fruit i have tried on them :shock:
Although Keiser is always trying to steal orange peels. Yep, he wants the peel more than anything but won't touch the orange. I've had to chase after him because he will take the peel and be gone before I even realise what happened lol and I was never sure if the peel would be bad for him?
So I never wanted to take the chance...
Anyone know if the orange peel would hurt him?

I know this is from over a year ago but does anybody know if orange peel is ok? Mine steel it and love it (probably means hey shoudln't have it then) it hasn't done them any harm bu just wondered if there was any definate knowledge out there.

Mine LOVE banana, go barmy for it. Daisy has emptied the contents of bins all over the floor to eat apple cores... :roll: , they love grapes and grape stalks... which I find odd but they go craxy for grape stalks.

Back