• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tinkerbell's had a spot of bad news.

Lucymuss

Young Bun
She's broke her leg in two places :|

I took her the vets straight away, and she stayed overnight. The nurse said she was worried because she wasn't eating or drinking. My mom was more worried about the bill :shock: As soon as she got home she ate and is drinking LOTS! and was very happy to see her sister. I have now made sure she's comfy and the nurse advised us not to let her jump around etc.

She looks so sorry for herself :(

Also, when my mom was bringing her back, out next door neighbour, who we shall say is a bit rough haha, asked us if we wanted another rabbit. as her daughter has lost interest, and she can't be bothered. ( didn't say it like that, but it's a bit too rude for forum)

Can this rabbit be bonded with my other two? I recently bought them a big playhouse for living in.

I really want to take it off her, god knows what it's diet or environments like :evil: Although I think i should wait till tinks better, but I keep thinking about the poor bunny :(

Advice? anyone?

Oh no! I'm glad that she is doing better though, and she is safe at home with you!
What sex is the other rabbit (that your neighbor wanted you to take)? Is it spayed/neutered? Are your buns Spayed/neutered? These are all things to think about before you bring a new rabbit home (unless of course, it is an emergency, like your neighbor is threatening to do something to the poor bun)
Good luck with Tinkerbelle, and your neighbor's rabbit too!

xxx

You'd have to wait until Tinks all better but you could see what you're neighbours bunny is living in. If you could have the hutch to that would give you somewhere to keep it temporarily. Well, even if the hutch isn't that great just being in it, in your garden where you can look after it properly is a step up.

Tam

Both my buns are spayed and vacinnated.

My neighbours bun is an uneutered unvaccinated male lionhead.

I am going to wait till Tinks better before the whole bonding thing.

And If I took the new bun I'd want to get him neutered and just generally sorted. I could take him and keep him seperate till he's sorted and Tinks better?

And If I took the new bun I'd want to get him neutered and just generally sorted. I could take him and keep him seperate till he's sorted and Tinks better?

That sounds ideal! That way you know the poor bun is safe with you, and you have time to get him to the vet to be neutered, etc. By the time the male bun is recovered and healthy, hopefully Tinkerbell's leg will be too and you can get ready for the bonding :D

Good luck, and please let us know how tinkerbell is doing :D
xxx

Aaw hope Tinks' leg is better soon - great that youre thinking of helping the other little rabbit -well done :D

Tamsin said:
You'd have to wait until Tinks all better but you could see what you're neighbours bunny is living in. If you could have the hutch to that would give you somewhere to keep it temporarily. Well, even if the hutch isn't that great just being in it, in your garden where you can look after it properly is a step up.

Tam

I agree. Get the bunny in your garden, but make sure he gets his vaccs before you introduce him.

I went to see the rabbit today.

It's actually female :roll: has never eaten hay or vegetables as ' she doesn't like them and her bum gets pooey'...... in a small hutch at the bottom of the garden, no protection from the weather really. I got her out, her fur is matted and feels quite thin, her eyes had a dry discharge, her nose had no discharge, her nails were so long. I asked what food she was on and the reply ' the 49p bag of stuff from the market'..

I bought the rabbit home with me, I couldn't leave it there. I got her home, did her nails, tried to give her a brush and put her in a bigger hutch, as I thought she might be a bit stressed.

I put LOTs of hay in, and she nibbled it straight away.

Im making a vet appointment tommorrow.

I'm so glad you took her home with you. Nasty neighbour!!

Hope Tinks leg heals soon, and that they all bond :D

Back