• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are Green peppers safe?

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
Hello!
I was just wondering if fresh green peppers are safe for bunnies. We seem to have a lot of them, but I just wanted to check before giving them to Gypsy and storm.

Jacob wouldn't go near them! Too strong a smell I think! On the safe food list green peppers are mentioned, a great list, jacob discovered parsley due to it and loves it, it's his favourite!

oooh, I have lots of parsley too :D if the peppers don't go down well ( like the parsnips!) I will try parsley. Thanks for the info :D

Smokie loves em, have never given them to Archie though as he is never around to get a sniff before Smokie eats it all - think shes saying no these are not good for you so I will eat them!!!

2 of my 6 will eat green pepper the others ignore it most of them like the sweeter yellow and red peppers though!!!

I have some orange peppers too, I guess they would also be ok. at the moment my two love spring greens above everything else, I just wanted to try them on something different. I will try them on the green peppers tonight and see what reaction I get :D

Green Pepper

Albert was a bit hesitant at first, but once I opened it up for him and he had a good sniff he really went for it. Was worried he was just eating it to spare my feelings so wanted to double check it was safe for him. He seemed to be enjoying it when I left though, guess I'll see if any's left in the morning.

I sometimes give a small amount to my rabbits as a treat - but certainly not very much.

Not sure how relevant this is, as this thread is from 2006!

Back