• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching runs to hutches

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I have the hop-and-hutch jumbo double delux hutch with the attached run, the run is only attached to the front of the hutch with a hook either side

I want to attach it in a safer way - what do you all use???

There is about a half an inch gap between the hutch and the attached run so would have to be something quite big - sorry wish i had pics to explain it better!

thanks

This might be irrelevant, 'cause I'm not sure what your hutch is like, but I'd suggest filling the gap with wood, and using long screws to attach the run, through the wood, to the side of the hutch.

When we had runs attached that's how we did it.

Thanks harvester - i didn't actually want it as a permanent run as i take it off at night time and cover the hutch up, plus its really hard to get in there and actually clean it.

I want some safe way of attaching it and being able to take it off again..thanks!

You can buy these clips that I use on the lids of my runs and which I am sure would work on the sides. They are a metal loop on a lever type fitting that goes over a metal block on the other side. Very hard to explain, but you can get them in most DIY stores in the immediate vicinity of hooks and other fastenings.

Hi Black Cat - i went to the DIY shop today and think i've picked up something that resembeles what you have just explained!

Thanks

Bonnie

you could probably also use the type of clips they use for dog leads - most pet shops sell them seperately - you'd need some screw eyes in the wood too.

Alfie kennedy said:
Hi Black Cat - i went to the DIY shop today and think i've picked up something that resembeles what you have just explained!

If it's what I'm thinking of then they work really well... and they get stiffer as they age rather than falling apart making them more secure :lol:

Back