• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My bunny just died...

Mizzmarni

Young Bun
Hey all,

I have nto been to this site for months now but i am so sad.. my bunny just died, her name was Bunny (how origional) and i think it was all my fault..

She was only 2 years old and all of a sudden she stopped eating and within days she died.. I am a terrible bunny mummy..

Hopefully i may get another bun but possibly have a house rabbit..

Hope someone remebers me..

Love always

Mizzmarni
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Awwww, I am so sorry to hear about your bunny.

You are not a bad bunny mummy, you are just upset for your loss.

I am sure you gave lots of love to bunny whilst she was with you.

((((BIG HUGS))))

aww I'm sorry you lost her - yes I remember you both! It's easy when you have an outside bunny in winter to not notice these things, and when you do it's often too late - that's how I lost my first bunny Pepsi in June last year :(

When you're new to rabbits it's hard to imagine how such a small change as eating or pooping can be so serious, so don't beat yourself up over it - Now you know, you will make a better bunny mum in future as you will recognise the warning signs.

Please dont blame yourself. The same thing happened to my house rabbit Elvis, last july. He stopped eating and even the vet gave him a clean bill of health then with in 2days he died.

I blamed myself for ages but after all the love and support from all the nutty folk on here i know that I did everything I could to help him.

Binky free Bunny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so sorry to hear about bunny :( most of us here know what you're going through right now. I blamed my self for ages when I lost Bilbo last year :(
binky free bunny

i still blame myself for not noticing wicket's kidney problems before it was too late.

i'm told that there was nothing that could have been done but i still find myself wondering "if only..."

please dont beat yourself up, i'm sure that you gave Bunny a happy life and she knew she was loved.

wow..

I love you guys.. you are all so wonderful and someone remembers me YAY!!

I could not sleep and kept crying, i am looking forward to getting another bunny but i would much rather have bunny back with me...

I know she is outside (dead) and it makes me so sad.. we are going to have a ceramony tonight :cry: ..

Thanks for your messages they meant a lot to me...
Love always
Mizzmarni
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You poor thing. I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same when my Cassie dies 2 weeks ago, I really thought it was something I had done as it was all so quick. Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do and I'm sure you little bun knows how much you love her and will hold her forever in your heart.

I have decided to get another, maybe 2 buns. They will never take the place of my beloved Cassie but I shall have some new buddies to love and care for.

Hope you feel better soon. My thoughts are with you xxxxxxx

Back