• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding Fudge and Amy pic added!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
they were getting on so well that I left them alone to go and hoover upstairs only when I came down there was loads of clumps of fur on the floor (from both rabbits!) and they'd both retreated to different corners! :(

:( oh, sorry to hear this! maybe they are just trying to sort out who will be the boss. It's quite normal at first to be a bit of scuffling, don't give up yet! :) I'm sure it will turn out fine.

I put the washing machine on and all seems to be quiet again!!! In fact just popped in and they're both in the carrier! :D

well I left them together overnight and when I came down this morning there was no fur on the floor!!! :D Fudge did chase her around a bit and try to hump her head :shock: but I'm guessing he was just showing off to me cause all has been quiet since I left them :D

There's just been a scuffle found Fudge with blood all over his face, ear, and side :shock: it's coming from Amy but I can't find the wound cause shes black. I think she might have been mounting his head and he bit her! :shock: :(

edit: well I found a clump of black fur on the floor with skin still attatched, guess Fudge must have done a psycho bite like he does to me :( still can't get to Amy she's hiding in the box and won't come out :(

There's just been a scuffle found Fudge with blood all over his face, ear, and side it's coming from Amy but I can't find the wound cause shes black. I think she might havebeen mounting his head and he bit her!

Oh sh*t!

have you thought about taking them for a card ride together or something??

they were in the car together yesterday. I thought they were getting on really well today as they'd both been grooming each other! :?

they were in the car together yesterday. I thought they were getting on really well today as they'd both been grooming each other!

I would keep a very close eye as you are but don't seperate unless they are obviously really going for each other.

I didn't have to break up the fight it had stopped when I got there. Prob is with Fudge he is a bit of a psycho and can be very aggresive but he's never been like that with rabbits before only people! :(

may be best to get a vet to check Amy over? I guess she must be finding all this newness very stressful, so maybe she's a bit moody with it all - I find that my animals are very well behaved in a new situation, simply because they are afraid - maybe Amy's being good with Fudge because it feels safer than running off on her own in a strange place with strange people around?

Has she got her own area to retreat to or are they free range?

poor Amy! sometimes boys bite and are very rough when they mount a female, especially when the girl tries to get away, I think they just want to hang on and keep a good hold and their girl! :shock: but it can be painful. keep an eye on the cut, if you can find it.

I've got them both in the kitchen as it's not so much Fudge's territory, he doesn't bother her unless she bothers him and she seems to have claimed the carrier for herself and is lying in there at the moment so I can't get to her. I think the bite has probably scared me more than her cause she's out and about again now, and they've just groomed each other again :? I guess Fudge is just used to being the boss and not accustomed to having a large rabbit humping his head! :shock:

I've got some healing gel I can use on her if not too bad and I can get to her, she loves being stroked but not picked up! f not it's off to the vets later!!!

I've just had a look which was a struggle! and it doesn't look too bad but it is right where a girl doesn't want to be bitten :shock: I couldn't get a vets appointment today as they were fully booked so will have to just keep an eye on it. Fudge and Amy seem to be ok again now and she doesn't seem bothered by it so I'm hoping it was a one off tiff! :?

she might need some stitches in it - getting the vulva ripped off is often quite serious - I think a vet should check it as she may need antibiotics too as it will easily get infected down there.

Back