• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG ... SHOCK

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Cant stop shaking.
Hope was playing in my bedroom while i was on computer. i had a gift bag hung on bottom of my bed with paper in for the bin and she was playing with the dangling gift tag . i heard a funny noise and when i looked she had got the sting of the tag stuck in her teeth and was panicking cos she couldnt get away :shock: :cry: . she was on her back legs reaching up and the string wasnt long enough for her to get on all fours . :shock:
i managed to pick her up and get the string off but she was realy freaked out . just huddled on my knee for ages , heart bunping like mad . my poor baby :cry:

i darnt even think what might have happened if i had nt seen her. :? :cry:

As if that wernt enough i checked her mouth to make sure she hadnt cut it with the string and i found that her top front teeth are over grown . they are quite bad too :shock: i feel realy bad that i hadnt realised :oops: although she has been eating normaly and everything.

My poor little girlie. The bags gone in the bin now and i ll probably get her in to be spayed monday or tuesday and let them sort her teeth out then.

ANGIE :cry:

hope seems fine now but i keep thinking what if i d left her to play in my room as i often do . :shock: :?
that is such a scary thought.

Angie

poor girly - but at least you spotted her teeth early because of it, so it had a good outcome :)

sarsimp said:
Coo - hope YOUR hearts stopped pounding now too :shock: Hopes lucky to have such a vigilant mum :)

Nods .. but that must be bloomin' scary all the same :oops:

Flopsy isn't allowed in the house cos he's equally inquisitive and likes to leave little presents behind for my dad to tread in ;)

poor ickle Hope is sulking today cos i wont leave her out in the bedroom when im not there incase she gets stuck with her teeth again.
She ll be sulking on monday at the vets poor babe :?

Sometimes hazards are lying in wait we don't even realise. Hazards for humans too not only animals.

The worst similar thing I've had to deal with happened a few years ago to my cat.
I had attached one of those toys on elastic from the top of the bathroom door frame. You hang it so it's just above the cats head so that thay can try and catch it and it bounces around. Tess loved it and was leaping around wildly trying to catch the toy on elastic. Great fun and great exercise for her.
I was in the lounge when I heard all this wailing I rushed out to see Tess on her back with her arm stuck right up going crazy trying to get her paw off the toy. The toy had a bell on it, like the ones on cat collars and her claw was stuck in it. It was awful to see, she was so distressed. Once I'd managed to grab hold of her as she was panicing, I managed to set her free. She was OK. But I never leave the cats with anything danglling now when I not home and anything with a bell on that's dangling from elastic gets taken off.

Rabswood

Back