• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mrtcharity: Chat room meet on sunday please

Mr T

Warren Scout
Hi all, I would like to have all who wish to meet for furthering the charity
in IRC on sunday 7th January @ 20:00 for meeting to comence at 21:00 at latest. Please try this link before then if you get chance.
please click here
http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/IRC/IRC2.php
use your usual RU nick so as to not confuse people.

Feel free to connect to this anytime, I shall be on it when ever im at the PC, as will Tracy and possible many others, it's a useful way to chat live as a group.

Look forward to seeing you all

Mr T

Shaun

oh just so as you can see what it sort of like...
and it also means we do not have to take min's
Vin_diesel is Deney
the rest are obvious.. I think

And I will warn you this is very adictive....

(00:34:06) (@vin_diesel) so when I next log on do I have to use the
same user name?
(00:34:12) (@_jeremy) lol
(00:34:13) (@Mr-T) no
(00:34:17) (@Mr-T) use any u like
(00:34:22) (@_jeremy) like "Denny" ;)
(00:34:31) (@_jeremy) so you don't confuse us all again LOL
(00:34:32) (@Mr-T) may help for those of us less fortunate
(00:35:00) (@vin_diesel) rofl awww thought I might have hot cross buns
next time lol
(00:35:02) (@_jeremy) okey dokey
(00:35:08) (@_jeremy) haha
(00:35:10) (@Mr-T) lol den
(00:35:23) (@_jeremy) hot cross fluffy buns? ;)
(00:35:35) (@_jeremy) or bums
(00:35:43) (@rngpwelfare) now is that buns or bums
(00:35:47) (@Mr-T) depends what u wear?
(00:35:48) (@vin_diesel) lol, so I take it this was a good meeting then
(00:35:55) (@_jeremy) lol
(00:36:01) (@Mr-T) was a test run really
(00:36:03) (@_jeremy) who's doin the minutes? ;)
(00:36:07) (@rngpwelfare) well it's made a few people smile
(00:36:07) (@vin_diesel) oohhh yes, I'll have bums pmsl
(00:36:16) (@Mr-T) ah IRC has logs so I have full copy
(00:36:29) (@Mr-T) of all that is said :p
(00:36:35) (@_jeremy) We expect a full report on RU in the mornin then :D

what do the names at the side with @'s mean

The name is the nick that you have signed in with, hopefully the same or similar to the one you use on RU,
the @ is channel operator, this means they have channel moderator status, and can set/change permisions, remove or silence some one set topics ect.
I will be setting a number of channel moderators, depending upon experiance/useage and level headed persons. these people will get auto ops, they will be able to give others ops, but not able to set auto ops for any one.

Hope this makes sense

Shaun

Mr T said:
what do the names at the side with @'s mean

The name is the nick that you have signed in with, hopefully the same or similar to the one you use on RU,
the @ is channel operator, this means they have channel moderator status, and can set/change permisions, remove or silence some one set topics ect.
I will be setting a number of channel moderators, depending upon experiance/useage and level headed persons. these people will get auto ops, they will be able to give others ops, but not able to set auto ops for any one.

Hope this makes sense

Shaun

I am sure it would make perfect sense to someone that wasnt such a newbie to this sort off stuff!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As I told Tracey, this board is the only one I post on, and Ihave only dabbled in messenger a little bit :shock:

well newbie you may be, but after a few days you will pick up a number of fun things you can do on IRC, its great for soo many things and will help sooo much in organising things and so on.

List of abreviations

AFK = Away from Keyboard
BRB = Be right Back
nn = Night Night
BBIAB = be back in a bit
hf = have fun
lol = laugh out loud
rofl = roll on floor laughing
many more just ask if you dont know, we have all been newbs at some time...

Thanks Jeremy - I tried it but a window came up
AOL SECURITY WARNING
Windows has blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher

:(

Sorry to be a pain :roll:

I think that is the one that you can click "ok" to.. :? seeing as it is safe to run :? Thats what I was told to do and its fine, it loads after that :D But check with Jeremy as I have no idea with computers! :lol:

loopylop said:
I think that is the one that you can click "ok" to.. :? seeing as it is safe to run :? Thats what I was told to do and its fine, it loads after that :D But check with Jeremy as I have no idea with computers! :lol:

Ah, I dunno Laura. I think Sarah means that pops up when she tries to download Java itself (Is that right Sarah?)

Stupid AOL is blocking it. I have no idea how to turn off the blocking as I do not use AOL. I will try and have a look on their site :?

Jeremy said:
loopylop said:

Ah, I dunno Laura. I think Sarah means that pops up when she tries to download Java itself (Is that right Sarah?)

Stupid AOL is blocking it. I have no idea how to turn off the blocking as I do not use AOL. I will try and have a look on their site :?

lmao! I'd never make it as a computer whizz kid! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Laura :lol: just like me! - but yes Jeremy, thats what is happening - I will have a quick look and see if I can see how to get AOL to let it through :roll:

Back