• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Most Abandoned Pet

gil

Mama Doe
Hi all,

article in the Glasgow Herald today saying that rabbits are now the most abandoned pet at this time of year! they contacted a few homes and they reported bunnies, guinea pigs being left at their doors in their hutch/cage. article was saying it's the time of year and are expecting more in the next few weeks. cause seems to be kids being bored with their christmas pressie and parents not wanting to be responsible for the pet, so they are getting dumped by the door of animal shelters etc!

:cry: that's so sad :cry: when will people learn that rabbits ( and other animals) are not just toys to be thrown away when the child is bored? :? people are just so irresponsible! :evil:

yes I saw that! can't quite believe it either!! stupid vet obviously lives on a different planet in a far away world! :evil:

what I thought was intersting was the fact that the article featured rabbits (along with a pic of one, very cute dutch bun) as normally this type of article will feature dogs. The Herald is a reliable broadsheet and i thought it was good that it highlighted the fact that rabbits are being abandoned just as much as other pets. it mentioned the main animal shelters across the central belt of Scotland that were being innundated with unwanted 'pets'!
the only positive that can be taken from this negative story is that they are being taken to shelters as i would guess that there must be some unscrupulous people out there that may abandon a rabbit in the nearest field!

Back