• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chinese broccoli?-Is it safe???

I got some yesterday, i didn't bring my bunny safe food list with me so i just got what looked good (big leafy things) so now i need to know is chinese broccoli safe? I looked it up and it isn't anywhere...there's only broccoli by iteself.

Yeah, I found that first site too, but wasn't too sure about the info given :? . Just to be safe, I wouldn't feed it to them until we are certain :wink:

xxx

Thanks guys i hope we find something. The problem with looking it up on the web in general is everytime i think I've found something thats says yay or nay i read some of the generaql care and its totally wrong.

Ok after reading through a few more articles i have decided not to feed it at all. I will just have to eat it. I go off a policy of "If unsure, DON'T". Instead of making a new topic i will ask another question on this one...I was wondering what would be the best vegies to start a young rabbit on, I have introduced 3 vegies so far...bok choy, carrot, choy sum, but i need to make sure i also introduce vegies that have the best nutrients for a growing bun. Thank you for helping, posting links and everything...awesome.

its called pak choi (not sure on spelling) i cooked it once and dropped a leaf on the floor jack ran to it and licked it and shock his head as if to say no! so ive never given it to them its very tasty slightly bitter ideal for stir frys :lol: (ooo the chef in me)

Hay u never know they might be the smae thing and the supermarket just labelled them different to look like they have variety. Thats alright, mum doesn't know how we are meant to eat chinese broccoli, she doesn't know how to prepare it.

Asian greens

Most Asian greens are fine to feed your bun but never feed to much mustard greens as it gives them gas and can put them in gi stasis which is a build up of gas and they first start to go off their food back door stops working and can lead to death if u don't get in2 the vet asap many rabbits can b fussy with their food ice berg lettuce big no no as it can give them poopie bum and alot of lettuce hold little nutritional value but dark green Asian greens are fine there are many foods not to feed your rabbit such as foods with acid content potato's rhubarb as these foods will cause death carrots are to b consided as a treat as they have a high sugar content anything with a high sugar content should be rarely given as this can also cause kidney liver and gi stasis leading to death my bunny has recently been in the vet due to gi stasis there are things vet can do and u can do eg force feed critical care and water but I also advise u call the vet or YouTube videos on force feeding your rabbit I had to do this just recently and I found force feeding my rabbit was a every 2 to 6hr task depending on size of your rabbit I hope you all find this useful.happy hopping peeps And always give your rabbit the Asian greens rinsed under cold water and uncooked Plenty of hay the greener the better and a cup of pellets and plenty of fresh straw

Last edited:
Back