• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Play buddies?-

My rabbit lives alone and he is 16 weeks old. A close friend of mine is going to get a rabbit. I was wondering if it was possible that they could play together when my friend comes over. I know that this would be very very difficult but i was just wondering if in any way at all, could it be POSSIBLE if the rabbits got along from the start? I understand that usually with bonding if rabbits don't get along straight away then it will take time to bond them and if u seperate them the bond is broken. Would it be different if they got along straight away?

It feels like a silly question but it would be soooo great if they did get along and we could bring them to each others houses and all have a sleep over :lol:

If they are both male, they should probably both be neutered, in case they bite each others bits!

If they are opposite sex, the male needs to be neutered.

As for the rest, I don't know! I got 2 females that are only with a bonded group part time - but they can see each other still when they aren't together. There's a few other threads in this section today about bonding - you might want to read those?? :D

at the moment they may be OK as they're not sexually active - but watch out in a few weeks (if not now - depends on the breed how early they mature) - Your rabbit will have bonded to you as his mate, so he will see off any competition, especially if it's in his home turf....If your friend gets a female (and they are very hard to sex correctly at a young age) you will have to keep them seperate for obvious reasons - they breed like rabbits yaknow! :?

Even if you both had females there would be trouble as they don't like their territory being invaded - You'd be better taking a fluffy cushion to a sleepover as you wouldn't get much sleep with 2 fighting bunnies :lol:

forgot to say, your rabbit will probably start weeing/pooping everywhere if there's another rabbit around - mine like to leave their mark wherever the others have been :roll:

Yeah, I wouldn't even try to introduce them without desexing first just incase they are boy and girl. The first time they are introduced would not be a sleep over it would just be about letting them get to know each other and see if they fight or not.

Thanx, I spose its just one of those things that u have to try it to know.

I wonder if they might get depressed if they get on well but then keep on being separated and taken home again? They won't understand the whole "playmate but then goes home" thing.

In my experience it wouldn't work I can't let any of my pairs of rabbits out together without them attacking each other! May be if they were both on neutral territory it might be possible but as has previously been mentioned, if they really like each other I think they might get depressed when separated!!!

Back