• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Olly and Phoebe's mum!

loubylou85

Young Bun
Hi,
Proud co-parent(!) to two cheeky buns called Olly and Phoebe. Olly is nearly two and a half and originally started with us as an outdoor bun who would come into the house for a few hours almost every evening. Eventually I co-erced my husband into agreeing to tryand see how Olly would get on as a house-bun and we've never looked back since (even after weeing on us/our bed in the middle of the night!). Olly was generally an extremely well-behaved bun with just a few cable-chewing incidents who loved nothing more than to sit with us for 'nuggles' on the sofa.

But then life got more interesting. Olly would go on holiday to stay with Gillian Knight at the Heathlands Animal Sanctuary in Royston while we went on holiday and this year we found him a girlfriend from there too. Now we have Phoebe - about a year younger than Olly and far more cheeky (13-holes-in-the-back-of-my-sofa-kind-of-cheeky!) but very affectionate and would do almost anything for food or nose-rubs!

Many of my work colleagues are generally amused at the thought of house-buns....but it's good to see there are plenty more bunny fans out there. Friends and family keep telling us it's time we had kids....but I keep telling them it's time they swapped their kids for bunnies!

I'll try and add some pics for you to see.....but you may have to bear with me....you'd never believe I work in IT would you!!

Hello and welcome!
I so agree about the kids thing - bunnies are so much better!Look forward to hearing more stories about your buns.

Was having problems specifying the URL for the pics....should be there now. Got a new swanky camera for Christmas so I have about 30,000 new bunny pictures to choose from.

Didn't mention that we also have 2 guinea pigs Perdy and Pongo in our family too!

Olly was adorable when we first got him and if you laid on the floor with him he would come up and lick your face for ages. We had him neutered though which took a bit of the shows of affection away, so licking is still an option but only after you've earned it from him with lots of snuggles.

Phoebe has only been with us since mid-October. She settled in quickly but can still get a bit spooked every now and again. She came from an Animal Sanctuary having been just one bun from a couple of litters which were unwanted by their original owners and left with the Sanctuary. In this case injury was added to insult as she had major problems after being neutered, reacting badly to a technique used by the vet, resulting in lots of tissue damage on a large area of her tummy. :cry: Zoe from the Sanctuary nursed her back to health until we came along so that should could be Olly's girlfriend. :D

Now she's teaching Olly a few bad habits that he's obviously never considered before!

Those ears are like antennas! I took loads of pics over Xmas with new camera and if she wasn't leaping around every 2 seconds - then her ears were doing their own thing. Doesn't help that we have laminated flooring in the living room which she's still getting to grips with (or not as the case may be! :lol: )

I used to laugh at Joey skidding accross the laminate, but one day he slid into the wall & cut his mouth! He's more careful now & we put some carpet down!

Who needs kids? Soon I'll be up to 10 rabbits (& looking for No 11 - Don't tell my boyf!)

Back