• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I risk it??

My two male brother bunnies I had to seperate as one nearly killed the other so its a real no no,to put them back together,but Iv been putting one of them in the run with my female(All neutered)they seem to be ok short lenghs of time,as Id like to cut down on all the hutches as I have 4 hutches. Is it risky to get these two together being as the male had almost killed his brother?they seem to be ok in the run but im a bit concerned??Any advice willbe of help. :D

bunnies are very fussy about who they spend time with - if he likes the female then that's great - Take it slow and don't just put them in each other's hutch or that could cause one to defend their territory.

If you can find a room or shed which neither of them has spent time in, to leave them in overnight, you may have 2 loved up bunnies by morning - Taking them for a car ride sharing a cat carrier is also a good way of getting them to love each other more.

If you want them to share a hutch though, better make sure it is big enough, over 5x2, or that will make it more likely they will fight - Also preferably the female should go to the males hutch rather than the other way around (but that depends on hutch size) - And you need to thoroughly clean the hutch - preferably put some new lino in it or something after a good scrub out - so that is smells like a totally new space for them to share.

Good luck :)

Back