• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TWO new Additions (sort of)!

anon101

Banned
Well what had been a quest to find a 3rd Rabbit for my bonded pair ended up in me taking on two Rabbits! :)

Some of you may know I’ve been trying to find a suitable Rabbit to bond with my grumpy bonded pair (Stroppy and Scarlet). I’ve had loads of problems with email communications between Rabbit owners/rescues, got as far as arranging to pick a Rabbit up and then the owner decided she couldn’t part with the Rabbit in question which was understandable, as a result of this I told several people I had found the Rabbit I was looking for then only to be empty handed in the end! :(

Well I had decided it was not to be after the above until I heard about Libby. Jill kindly offered to let me foster Libby and try and bond her with my bonded pair as Libby was the sort of tempered Rabbit I was after. Confident and a bit feisty! :)

On Jill’s advice we kept Libby well away from my female Rabbits until she had settled in her new surroundings and made friends with Steve and myself. We then VERY slowly started the bonding process on neutral territory.

After a few days of saying hello through a pet carrier with no problems we very briefly attempted first introductions.

On first introductions they all ignored each other then Scarlet got a proper look at Libby and lunged for her. We had to separate them. Scarlet tried this several more times every time we had to intervene.

Libby surprisingly tried to keep well out of the way of Scarlet and never once tried to attack her. I was expecting a few fireworks from Libby.

On the other hand I could see Stroppy and Libby bonding with each other as they chased each other a bit, pulled a little fur and sniffed each other a lot. Typical bonding behaviour. Neither showed any signs of aggression.

The main problem is Scarlet as she was VERY jealous and seemed to be protecting her man. It appears that Stroppy and Scarlet have a much stronger relationship then I originally thought and introducing ANY 3rd Rabbit to this pairing is going to cause jealousy and other problems. Libby through no fault of her own made this VERY clear when we attempted bonding the 3 of them.

I’m not keen to try bonding ANY Rabbit with my bonded pair again as I believe it will only end in someone getting injured whether that is Libby or a different 3rd Rabbit.

Funny thing is when there is a cage separating Libby and Scarlet they are fine with each other. Mainly sniffing or ignoring one another. No sign of aggression whatsoever. My bonded trio, which consists of two females and a male, are not bothered in the slightest by Libby’s presence.

Both myself and my partner got very attached to Libby the first few days she was with us and I was dreading sending her back down to Jill. So after some discussion with Jill and some rearranging of our front room to accommodate her cage we decided to keep her and bond her with a boyfriend! :D :D

Elaine has a gorgeous Netherland Dwarf boy who I am picking up some time after the 13th Jan and will be Libby’s new man all going to plan. :D

Will post photos in a few weeks.

If you’ve got his far feel free to have a sherbet or two! :D :D

Louise

Awww lovely
i didnt know you were fostering libby,shes a lovely bun!,good luck with the new boyfriend for her!

:D :D :D :D Oh what wonderful news to start the day with Louise :D
I am so pleased to hear things are working out with Libby and she wil certainly have a brilliant home with you and Steve :D
Just promise me one thing though :!: .when Duke comes to us, he comes as a single Buck, not as a two some or three some.... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: we have more than enough Does here already to find him a buddy :!: :wink: :)

Please keep us posted about how things go....your household is never a quiet one is it, with all these rabbiting antics :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
:D :D :D :D Oh what wonderful news to start the day with Louise :D
I am so pleased to hear things are working out with Libby and she wil certainly have a brilliant home with you and Steve :D
Just promise me one thing though :!: .when Duke comes to us, he comes as a single Buck, not as a two some or three some.... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: we have more than enough Does here already to find him a buddy :!: :wink: :)

Please keep us posted about how things go....your household is never a quiet one is it, with all these rabbiting antics :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whos Duke adele???????

Adele said:

Madder the merrier I say! :lol: :lol:

Louise

HOORAY! I've been dying to know who has ended up with Libby. I must say in an entirely selfish way I'm a little relieved that she has caused a bit of mayhem at your place as she did at mine, though, makes me feel like it wasn't just something I did :lol: Fingers crossed she likes the new nethie more than she liked Dudley :shock: So pleased to hear that she's settling down nicely, she is such a bundle of feisty fun isn't she :D

Pictures please!

just like to add..so glad Libby is settled She is a lovely girl who had been through so much upset. Having met Louise and Steve I know they will give her a brilliant life. :D

Re: .

honeybunny said:
just like to add..so glad Libby is settled She is a lovely girl who had been through so much upset. Having met Louise and Steve I know they will give her a brilliant life. :D

yer better than she could have got here hay jil!

good on ya louise!

Eve as explained several times before...not better but different..I think your set up is great...but Libby would always have been in close proximatey to other females which in both mine and Alison's opinion, would not have been good for her. Louise and Steve had areas to keep her seperate for some time.
Again as already explained several times, the decision was not personal, it was made in the best interests of the rabbit. I would make the same decision again.
Please do not put a damper on good news for Libby by making comments like the one above.

Re: ,

honeybunny said:
Eve as explained several times before...not better but different..I think your set up is great...but Libby would always have been in close proximatey to other females which in both mine and Alison's opinion, would not have been good for her. Louise and Steve had areas to keep her seperate for some time.
Again as already explained several times, the decision was not personal, it was made in the best interests of the rabbit. I would make the same decision again.
Please do not put a damper on good news for Libby by making comments like the one above.

thats rubbish and you know it!

amd i have already wished louise every sucess

Awww bless, little Lightning looks gorgeous, isn't he one of the ones dumped outside Elaine's gate on bonfire night? I really hope they hit it off - she sounds like she's settled a lot so hopefully she's ready to accept a new man in her life :D

Jill did the vac certificate arrive?

It's early days yet for me but I'm concernd about Miss Lavender bonding with the new Blossom rabbit. Last night and this morning Lavender was trying to bite poor Blossom through the dog crate.

Will take it slowly and see what happens. Don't want to spoil the harmony between the Rabsvile 3. Lavender is clearly unhappy. Blossom is such a lovely gentle bun I'm really hoping it works out or like you Louise, I may end up keeping them seperately and getting Blossom a boyfriend!

Rabswood

Here are a couple of snaps of the wee lady! :)

DSCN2536.jpg

DSCN2543.jpg

Louise

I was wondering what had become of Libby - I think she is a very good looking bunny - and now a very lucky one to be with youxx :D

Back