• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Blossom - Photos

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Lavender and I went to Barnsley today see Angie and Blossom.
We introduced the girls in Angie's living room. Blossom was a real lady and Lavender was true to form, a little monster rab.

Lavender chased poor Blossom around the room a few times and a bit of her fur did fly but Angie assured me it wasn't too agressive, just Lavender letting Blossom know she's 'The Mommy'.

Put both the girls in the same pet carrier for a 25 minute bonding car ride home. Girls very quiet in the car.

When we got home Lavender went to sulk in her TV box den while Blossom was left in peace to explore the dog crate.

Entre the boys...

100_1058.jpg

What can I say, the boys love Blossom. They played it very cool, no one seemed distressed or worried, they were quite matter of fact. Grooming started after only a few minutes and Iv'e never seen my rabbits groom each other!

[/img]
100_1053.jpg

One of the boys in particular really likes her, the most adventurous one, Oxo.

Look Blossom, this is how you use the ramp.

100_1048.jpg

Now Miss Lavender is another story... she spent ages sulking in the TV box, refusing to come out even for a carrot. I think eventually she forgot Blossom was here and ventured back into the bedroom, she went into the dog crate the boys were in there also, this is going really well I thought... then she saw Blossom... ran at her, Blossom ran away Lavender runs off with one of the boys chasing her, a few through the tunnel, into the TV box, out of the TV box, back through the tunnel chases occurred (all watched by Blossom from the safety of the dog crate). Then all went quiet as the Rabsville 3 hid in the TV box.

Blossom is now locked in the crate (for safety) and the Rabs 3 will be sleeping in the bedroom. They can all see each other and I'll let them all meet again tomorrow after work.

So it's good night from Blossom and the Rabsville 3 hopefully soon to become the Rabsville 4.

100_1059.jpg

Miss Lavender says...
'' I hate that pesky rabbit. She's too fat and she's stealing my boys. I'm going to pee on her teddy :twisted:
I can feel a migraine coming on, I'm going back in my box... how dare some rabbit from Barnsley try to take over my turf...''

Poor Miss Lavender.

Hopefully everything will work out fine and I'll take my time with the bonding, after all it's a big change for a little rabbit.

Rabswood

oh thanks for that. :p
just thought i d have a quick peek on the forum before i crawled into bed. im so glad the boys like Blossom and i do hope Miss lavender will accept her . Night night Blossom my little babe , be good for your new mummy .

Angie

Well Miss Lavendr still seems very unhappy bless her I hate to see her this way. When Blossom comes to the bars of the dog crate Lavender throws herself at the crate. Last night little Blossom pushed her nose through the bars and naughty Miss Lavender tried to bite her! Blossom doe'nt seem to move away quick either. Lavender still manages to pull Blossom'f fur out even through the bars!

When I got home from work I let Lavender out to play in the hall (in her TV box mostly) and let Blossom out in the bedroom with the 2 boys, the boys behave like she's always been there. I left them alone for 45 mins. When I went back to check on them everything was fine, no fur around, Blossom was fine and seemed relaxed. Put the boys in the hall with Lavender and spent 1/2 hour cleaning out the crate, brushing Blossom etc. The dog crate is now Blossom's Boudoir. I've changed it round a bit to hopefully make her feel a bit more secure, I've also put a cardboard box in. Will take some phots if she's not already trashed it.

I think it might be a slow process, I'm hoping L will get use to seeing B in the crate and eventually stop lunging at it. Don't feel brave enough to let them free in the downstairs lounge yet as L will just bully B as she's so gentle. Will give it a while but have already started looking for a boyfriend of similar size so that I can move Blossom into Rabsville (although she's a bit fat and might get stuck in the cat flap!) if it doesn't work out.

Rabswood

MMMMM..... IM SURE YOU MENTIONED NOT BEING ABLE TO KEEP BLOSSOM IF THEY DIDNT ALL BOND . :shock:
DO I SENSE A CHANGE OF HEART HERE . :? :p

i WOULDNT GIVE UP ON THEM YET THOUGH . ITS STILL EARLY DAYS . ALTHOUGH I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU NOT LIKEING MISS LAVENDER LOOKING UNHAPPY. I SUPPOSE SHES WONDERING WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON , POOR DEAR.

GOOD LUCK
ANGIE

Yes, I thought after a reasonable period of bonding time if it's not working I will return Blossom. But Blossom is so gentle, it would be such a shame.

Rabsville 3 will be indoors until the spring giving me time to sort out some alternative outdoor accomodation if necessary. Rabsville would be good sized accomodation for 2 bunnies of Blossoms size.

Lavender might soften in time once Blossom is 'old news' and not such a threat to her Queendom :lol:

Rabswood

Back