• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daisy keeps sneezing

Our lop Daisy who is about 7years old has been sneezing a lot both in her garage and out in the garden, she seems OK otherwise should I be woried about this?

i would get it cheacked out by the vet asap it coulds be snuffles which is very contagious and incurable if it is this

if it is snuffles then she would have to be on medication to help this
its it just sneezing for is there anything coming out the nose???
becky

Hiya. I'd get her checked over by the Vet tomorrow. The vet can have a good listen to your Buns chest to make sure her lungs are clear. SOMETIMES, sneezing with NO nasal discharge and an otherwise seemingly well bun can be the first symptom of pneumonia. It may well be your Bun has just got a slight irritation up her nose but a vet check will exclude anything more serious. Jane and Buns xx

Holly Watkins said:
hi, no her nose and eyes are clear just sneezing on and off all day, she seems Ok otherwise eating and drinking as normal

ahh ok doent seem like snuffles but i would still get her cheaked out by the vets as u never know what it could be and 7 is quite old for a rabbit so its best to be on the safe side

becky

daisy keeps sneezing

thanks everyone for your help she has stopped sneezing now but I will get her checked out she is very fit and active for an old lady!

Back