• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GOOD IDEA - will keep bunny cool - NOT SURE ITS SAFE

My idea was to get a litter tray and a photo frame the same size, take the glass out of the frame fill the tray up 3/4 with ice and put the glass ontop so the bunny can stretch out on cool glass. The edges of the glass wouldn't be bare because the tray sides are like this \_/ and the glass would be sunken down to this level \-/ ...is it safe? The glass would be in there pretty tight...can anyone else see any problems. It's always good to see other peoples point of views.

I'd be worried about the bun stamping on it! A safer version would be to get a flat plastic box (with lid) they sell them for kitchen storage and fill that instead.

Tam

you can buy a thing from pets at home called an chinchill or sumthin.... its a oblong plate It looks like its made out of marble. Its meant to stay cold to keep your small animal cool. Dunno if that helps

marble does stay nice and cool - you could buy some marble pastry boards or cheese boards and pop them in the fridge overnight?

elve said:
marble does stay nice and cool - you could buy some marble pastry boards or cheese boards and pop them in the fridge overnight?
Good idea Elve!! Or ceramic tiles stay cool too.!! Jane and Buns xx

If you go for a plastic box. you could always turn it upside down cos the box bit will be a bit stronger than the lid - water shouldnt leak out if its airtight :D

WOW lots of great ideas! My house is tiled so on hot days i let him out to lay on the tiled and he chooses the mat. Marble choping boards...Don't they cost HEAPS or am i getting confused with granite?

you can buy a thing from pets at home called an chinchill or sumthin.... its a oblong plate It looks like its made out of marble. Its meant to stay cold to keep your small animal cool. Dunno if that helps

There is a huge gap in the pet accessory market here, i have never ever seen anything like that. We don't have chinchillas here. Someone could make alot of money if they realised that there is a huge spot in the market to be filled with bunny accessories.

Back