• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

male or female???

becki_moorcroft

Warren Scout
well im planning on getting my little mini rex spayed once the weather warms up a bit as she's no longer gonna be a show bunny (long story), so that means ill be able to get my icle nixy a hutch mate, now would a male or female be better to introduce, she's around 9 months old so still quite young, at the moment i know she'd prefere a male :lol: but i think not...

any advice or doesn't it really matter, obviously the other bun would be 'done' too, don't want any unplanned surprises

Well from what I've seen with my males and female, the male-female bond is very likely to work out (both my males; whom are a bonded pair got along right away with Kalliope, and her with them.)
It all depends on the particular bun of course though, maybe try bringing her to the shelter/rescue and let her pick ? :)

she's not yet spayed and prob wont be getting done for a couple of months, but taken that i'll try a buck lol, i've only ever had all does living together before so should be interesting, but i've never had buns spayed or nuetered either, just perfered to keep the sexes seperate, but that was based of a horrible experience when i was 9 when my baby became paralysed as a result of the op but medicines come a long way since...

Back