• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's tough being a cat

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
It's been fascinating having a week off work and observing not only the bunnies, but the behaviour of my old boy Sooty (18 years old) during the day. I think these photos just about sum it up :lol:

sooty1.jpg

sooty2.jpg

sooty3.jpg

sooty4.jpg

sooty5.jpg

OMG Alison... he is soooooooooo cute :love: His fur is stunning, so shiney.. and he looks so handsome in the first piccy... as if he knows he is gorgeous!!! :wink:

And wow, 18 years :shock: Whatever you're feeding him is working well :D :lol:

Oh yes he knows he's gorgeous :lol: He's really well at the moment, Bee, he has surprised us all by bouncing right back and you'd barely know anything was up with him :D The only thing is that he's being very fussy with his food, I think he feels a little nauseous sometimes and will only eat what he fancies - so we do sometimes end up throwing food away in the quest to work out what it is that he wants. It can be anything from Felix or Whiskas senior to Hills Science senior, fresh chicken (turkey this week :wink: ) or white fish like cod or coley.

The best thing is that I have him trained enough to wake the very lovely Mr A up in the morning for his breakfast. Once he's had brekkie and been out for a wee, he comes back upstairs and gets back onto the bed with me, where he sits on the pillow staring at my face until I wake up :lol:

Well now you know how hard cats work to keep our houses safe and intruder free when we're not around. It's a tough responsibiltiy guarding a house, especially with bunnies to keep safe too! He's doing a fine job, a sterling effort there!

AlisonA said:
The best thing is that I have him trained enough to wake the very lovely Mr A up in the morning for his breakfast. Once he's had brekkie and been out for a wee, he comes back upstairs and gets back onto the bed with me, where he sits on the pillow staring at my face until I wake up :lol:

That's so cute!

Before I was born my Mummy had a cat who would come and sit on her chest in the mornings and pat her face with it's paws (claws in) until my Mum woke up.

my cat (who lives with my mum) does that sleeps all the time and when u get home from work she crys at her to talk and she tells him about her day and he tilts his head and looks like he is listening, he wakes her at 6.30 on the dot every morning for work with a pat on the face its so cute

Back