• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeubin..

Veronica

Mama Doe
Well because of the cold nights we've been having recently....especially a couple of days ago with the snow and ice!... Zeubin, my little BEW nethie, who lives on his own (for the time being..) was sooooo cold. I had put loads of hay and straw in his hutch, and he was sitting all huddled up in the corner looking very sorry for himself.

I added more straw and hay, and went back inside, but he was constantly on my mind. Most of my rabbits are in groups or pairs, but with him on his own, and being so small (he really is tiny!), the cold was really getting to him.
Sooooo I decided that night to bring him in!
He's living in my bedroom at the mo. He's fully litter trained (as he was in his hutch), and has his 'base' in my cat's pet carrier. He has full run of my room, and uses his tray 100% everytime, plus it's somewhere quiet for him to go if he wants to sleep...although he seems to like sitting under my desk better :lol:

Sooo....my little Zeubin will be inside with me till the spring...which is great, as he will be getting neutered soon ( he was booked in before Christmas, but op was cancelled :( ). Next winter, he will have a cuddly gf to snuggle up to :p

Here's some pics of my baby :)

indoor.jpg

indoor2.jpg

indoor3.jpg

indoor5.jpg

His 'base' (I will be getting him a proper indoor cage in the next few days :))
indoor1.jpg

BTW, does anyone else keep bunnies in their bedroom?

Zeubin does tend to like to chew..LOUDLY...on his toys/hay/food...drink..rattle his bottle....basically anything noisy in all hours of the morning :shock:
He does seem to be settling a bit better now...last night he was quiet as a mouse..but thats only because I played with him for aaaaaages before I went to sleep, so he was tired himself!
Any tips to make him more sleepy at night time would help! :lol:
Mind you, it beats the huddled up cold bunny I saw that night :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaawww bless he's so cute! My 2 nethies are fine outdoors, they cuddle up together and everything but still choose to sit in the run rather than their nice cosy shed! Well I'm sure the little fella won't be cold any more, it's probably a great idea to have him in until spring, he will be able to recover from his op much more easily that way too. Can't wait to see piccies of him and his new girlfriend next year!!

My little nethy, Oliver, lives full time in my room. You can't really control the noise, except buying noice-free water bottles and rattle-free toys :roll:. If he is out of his cage most of the day he should get tired, shouldn't he? :lol:

Awwww, he is a sweetheart though, great pictures and I'm sure he is really happy!!

xxx

awww he s lovely.
i have a bun in a bedroom . she was in my room but is now in the spare bedroom which my grand daughter sleeps in when she stays here.
Angie

Charliesangel said:
If he is out of his cage most of the day he should get tired, shouldn't he? :lol:

That's what I thought :shock: ....but he seems to sleep (under my desk) during the day..and play time once lights are out!

Ahhh I gotta love him for it though :p

AlisonA said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaawww bless he's so cute! My 2 nethies are fine outdoors, they cuddle up together and everything but still choose to sit in the run rather than their nice cosy shed! Well I'm sure the little fella won't be cold any more, it's probably a great idea to have him in until spring, he will be able to recover from his op much more easily that way too. Can't wait to see piccies of him and his new girlfriend next year!!

Yeah I keep other nethies, and have never had a prob with the cold before. Zeubin is the smallest I've ever had/kept. He is just tiny (Smaller than your average guinea pig), so I put it down to that?

Yeah, my regret is that I didn't neuter him earlier, so he would have had a gf already this winter :( Oh well, I will make sure that next winter he def has :)

sounds like he has a girlfriend now :wink:

You will miss him sooooo much if you ever put him outside again....note I said 'if' :lol:

I wear earplugs at night as the tiniest noise wakes me - Maa is a very quiet bunny, probably because she's a bit poorly, but I'd really miss her if she wasn't in my bedroom now - strange how you get used to it :D

I share my bedroom with SIX Bunsters... :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: They all 'kick-off' as soon as I turn the light out. They also all have cardboard toys which they NOISILY rip to shreads throughout the night. I guess HUGE dark circles under ones eyes MIGHT become fashionable one day.... :? :? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

You will miss him sooooo much if you ever put him outside again....note I said 'if'

That was what I was going to say!!
Once you have a bun in your room, you can't move 'em outside, even if he does get a girlfriend!!!

xxx

We're having some building work done on the house and have had to move 2 of our bunnies into our room. We really like them being there and they aren't too noisy except for them scrabbling around for hay in the small hours. We enjoy having them here so much we don't know whether to move them back or keep them here when the building work is done. Honey likes to jump on the bed for a cuddle before they go into their cage for the night.

Awwww he is very cute :D
I have 4 rabbits, they all live in my room, lol. They take turns being free roam (Switch them every day) Because they arent bonded yet. They are two pairs of bonded couples. They are getting there though.....They are at the point where I can have them together in their territory (not the cages but in a puppy pen in the room) supervised :)
Anyways they use bowls instead of water bottles (They do flip the bowls sometimes, lol, but I find them so much more convenient than water bottles other than that one con :p
They make noise at night for me too, rattly toys, ripping up newspaper, digging in their boxes, I've learned to live with it and honestly I could not live any other way now.
House buns are awesome, and since I spend so much time in my room I know my buns sooooooo well, am almost never apart from them (When I am home, which is alot :p) :)

Ah, little Zeubin is so gorgeous, bless him. My girls would love him thats for sure! Mia and Mea actually have their own bedroom at the moment. They have the run of our spare room and have their dog cage in there. Only problem with this is the cage has a metal base, so we can hear them jumping in and out of it and using their ramp to their 2nd level. It used to wake me up and sometimes I would go rushing in to make sure they were ok, but now is kind of comforting and doesn't really wake me up, it's nice to know they are close by. Aren't bunnies fab!! I love them all!!! :love:
Nicola x

Awwwwww that sounds like a fab set up Nicola :D
I have heard a lot about the bases being noisy on dog crates, with the rattling with bunnys hopping around.
I do like the dog crate idea though, as it's quite roomy, however, that puts me off.
I've been looking at various styles of indoor bunny cages for sale online......nooooo I'm not getting idea's about keeping Zeubin inside all the time...nooo not at all :lol: :lol: :p :wink:

He's gorgeous!!

I keep China and Rocket in the bedroom and occasionally they wake me by throwing around their jingle toy. You do get used to it though!

Good luck with his girlfriend when you get her!

AMETHYST

Hey Veronica,
I am well pleased with Mia and Mea's dog cage, it is huge and was only £30 from Ebay. The noise of them hopping around really doesn't bother me, but the only real trouble with their cage is it is really heavy. And getting their extra level in and out and moving it around is definately a two person job. Here is a pic of it (you may have seen it before):
newlevel.jpg

We have just been away all week for Christmas and it was great to be able to take the buns with us. The cage folds flat and slid in the bottom of the car boot, so it didn't take up too much space. I couldn't bare to have left them with anyone else, as their main god mother was away as well. They have had a great time at my Mum's running up and down the stairs and chewing an areial wire, oops :oops:
How is the lovely Prudence doing?
Nicola x

Back