• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phantom Pregnancy

inka dinka doo

Alpha Buck
ok i have a quick question guys dinka my long haired black lop as always had someone with her when she was a baby she was with danger mouse we were told he was a girl and wasnt as they had babies the result was lamb and mini dink ( :lol: nickname she now lives with a little girl up the road) well lamb stayed with mummy and was neutered but started to get on dinks nerves danger mouse unfortunatly got into dinkas cage 3 days before her neutering date and was unable to be neauters and the result was 2 happy cute little girls who also have happy homes up the road from me (so i can keep an eye on them :lol: ) well after danger mouses passing i decides i would get dinka done in the new year after the colder weather as she seems down and rupert will be here soon but today when i went to get her out he was growling and has made a nest and pulled all her furr on her tummy out obviously she will be off to the vets but im confused is she having a phantom pregnacy? as i dont see how she could be pregnant as danger mouse has passed away??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hiya. When did Dangermouse pass away. A buns pregnancy gestation period is approx 31-32 days. Stress can trigger odd 'hormonal type' behaviour in un-neutred buns. Have there been any recent 'stressors' for her?? I would meantion the situation to your Vet and get your Bun spayed ASAP. Jane and Buns xx

Gypsy used to make nests in my bed! :lol: she also pulled her tummy fur out and used to go crazy if I removed the nest. She did this every few weeks untill I got her spayed! Phantom pregnancies are quite common I think. your little one will calm down after she's spayed.

thanks guys dangermouse passed away beginning of december, she has only had his passing as a stress i moved her into a bigger cage about 10 days ago which he liked as she loves to stretch out i hope its just a phase,
she will be neautered in jan 06

China made a lovely nest in her plastic cocoon house, even though she's never been exposed to un-neutered male bunnies! She pulled out lots of fur (but left no bald patches as she has so much fur!) and collected hay and straw from the cage, dragged it out of the cage and put it in the house! I got really worried that perhaps Rocket wasn't neutered (although I didn't think Sophie at ARC would tell me porkies!), but we checked the nest and there were no babies at all. Phew! It seems it's just her hormones and she's not done it since.

I hope your Dinka calms down and that it really is a false pregnancy. Good luck!

AMETHYST

Back