• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

O/T Funny pic of my hen

One of my hens Ginger has been loosing her feathers, we think our other hen Babs (names from chicken run :lol: ) is pulling them out at night as we don't see her doing it during the day. Anyway we seperate them at night now and are giving her tonic and stuff to help them grow back but in the mean time we've made her a jumper to keep her warm, poor Ginger...
1hen.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you're missing the legwarmers!!!! She looks so lovely, I would love chickens but only really a yard type garden but one day! Perhaps plus fours are in need alternatively!! I trust they are pets....no lunch, please say not lunch!

Lol, I can just imagine her walking down a cat walk (or chicken walk :? ) "yes well I made this design out of old pj bottoms with holes cut in for her wings" She looked so embarressed bless her. I'm planning a fleece lined water-proof one next, I just need to find the material. Mmmm, what can I use for leg warmers.. :wink: And don't worry tomjacob, they are our pets, no Sunday roast for them. :lol:

Phew...not for lunch!
What fun, making chicken clothes, with all this interest in animal clothes, good old Paris Hilton to thank for that (don't get me started, animals as accessories!), maybe you could start a whole new fusion line, bespoke chicken clothes. Make a fortune! Do keep the photos coming with her whole new wardrobe, I await with bated breath. I so love this forum, everyone goes the full hog to look after their animal family. It is heartwarming and gives me hope that one day everyone will care like this.

that is so cute. When i worked with chickens, we used the same sort of technique but with feed sacs. Not the plastic ones but the hessian (if thats how you spell it?)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That piccie has really brightened what has been a grey-old-day!! One trendy chick... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's fantastic!! Is that next season's must-have item for fashionable hen everywhere?!

AMETHYST

Back