• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I get a shed??? Help pls

lucycat

Warren Scout
Well Dyl seems to be over the worst of the snuffles and him and Silky are causing HAVOC in the spare room (bowls knocked over books chewed, futon chewed you name it). I would like to work towards getting them o/s again but given the hutch event (dyl reacted badly to a hutch spray) and how big he is I am thinking bigger accomodation.

I have already got two hutches - one double and one triple side by side and two runs that fit on the front, linked I would like something that enables Dyl to lay out flat on his side and hop around inside better so he doesnt sit o/s all day in the run. silks is ok in her hutch size wise but the ramps tend to make her hocks sore (they have improved loads inside).

We are not brill DIYers. I modified the runs to fit would be able to do wire but prob not windows, could fit a cat flap.

What have others done eg with sheds/kennels????? Is this enough in the winter to protect them from cold??? Ideas please. Lots Lucy x

Dylan has quite simply the longest ears I have ever seen! They look as though they drag along the ground, or has he grown into them? You have beautiful buns and they are clearly very loved, lucky buns!

beebie.jpg

01c44a23.jpg

inside.jpg

This is my set up, wasn`t difficult took hubby an afternoon to put wire in windows and do the door for me. Now its winter the windows are put back in and i do take them out if its fine for better ventalation. He also cut a hole in wall and i do have a cover to use to stop them going into run.

It was the best thing to move them into the shed, and they just love it.

The shed set up Beebie and Bracken have looks FAB :D :D If you do opt for having Silky and Dillan outside again you will really need to wait until the Springtime. As they have now been indoors they will not be able to cope with the temperature change. And with Dillan the stress may well trigger off his 'Snuffles' again. Jane and Bunsxx

Wow Beebie and Bracken do you have a great home.
Thanks for pics this is sort of what I am thinking maybe with catflap etc. I was really hoping someone would post some as I need to go shopping with ideas.

I am worried about Dyl going out again and the vet said to wait until its warmer and bring him in when its cold. We dont have the biggest house ie no garage conservatory and not the biggest garden and everything is being shredded by silky or marked by Dylan (although he has always been fairly well behaved in the spare room). There is no heating in here as I dont trust Silky witheven hidden wires (this is our second modem in 2 weeks).

Ho hum anything for thme to be happy and healthy.

Back