• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piccies of your rabbit's rooms?

Camellia

Warren Scout
Heh, since I'm cleaning my room (lol) And getting rid of a LOT of stuff that erm my buns have turned into their personal toys and uh "obstacle courses" LOL I realise they're not going to be very happy to see that!

Soooo I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff and pretty much turn my room into a rabbit room with a bed :p
I need ideas though!
Any of you have rooms like that? With tunnels and whatever else that is never ending fun for your buns? Pictures of the rooms (Or descriptions of them?) please :D
My buns (And me) will appreciate it :D
I have a rough idea of how I'm going to set up their new room that I live in up.....but need some clearer ideas.

lol maybe I am nuts, but seeing my buns having fun and happy is one of the best parts of my life; So space for my stuff really isnt an issue, lol, it's all happy in my closet/dresser/bins that the buns love to jump on :p

Thanks! :D

My bunny room consists of... large plumbing pipe, cat scratching pole, card board boxes and plastic storage containers.

Plumbing pipe is good for joining boxes together for an obsticle course. You can get short off cuts from construction sites and road works for free.

here is bailey and gizzys room . note the divide as they are still fighting each other :roll: , and i,ve got a baby gate as i hate shutting the door on them but I kept finding bailey in the loo :shock: so i had to do something . :lol:

the bit you can see is gizzy,s part of the room but baileys on the side nearest the camera is the same as gizzys . baileys bed is behind the door .

PC300057.jpg

PC300058.jpg

PC300059.jpg

and here are some of ma boys playing and look where gizzys rollin bunny ended up . I keep having to fish it out the water bowl :roll:

PC190049.jpg

gizzy bun
PC190054.jpg

bailey bun
PC070141.jpg

i keep falling over toys when I walk into the room tho :roll: , they got loads from santa paws. :lol:

I've got lots of play tunnels, tubes, and play tents. Of course along with the toys, etc.

I will try to get pics up later :wink:

xxx

Charliesangel said:
I've got lots of play tunnels, tubes, and play tents. Of course along with the toys, etc.

I will try to get pics up later :wink:

xxx

Yesss would love to see piccies of it please :D

:D :D :D My buns both live in my bedroom, - it seemed like a good idea when I only had Travis!!! :roll: Now There's two of them, they have half of my bedroom as their pen - literally!!! :shock:

They roam around my whole room when I'm home, but at night I shut them in their pen (namely as Travis jumps on me in the night to "groom" me otherwise!!??) And when I'm at work they stay in their pen too. This is because all of my electricals are the other side of the pen and although they're protected with clear tubing, I'd rather not risk it if I'm not home. :no:

Here's some pics......

Proof that they own half of my room!!! their pen begins where my bed ends!!! The doorway leads on to their pen, I have a piece of thin wooden board around a foot high that sits in front of the door when I'm out so's I know theyr'e confined to one place and I don't woory about them getting into bunny-like scrapes when I'm not around!!! ( Travis is one of those buns who's determined that if there's somewhere to get, he'll get there - regardless of whether he can get back down or out from that "somewhere"!!!??? :roll: )

room1.jpg

room3.jpg

The view from the door

room2.jpg

And this is their main "play area", it's a shelf that was made using some of my dad's old desk??!! :? They love it as they can hide under there, there's more than one exit (as per rabbit warrens) it's chewable and they can jump up on it too. I used carpet tiles on the top to stop them from slipping, they love to crash out up there and it just creates that little extra room for them to run around as some of their toys and one of their litter trays and hay trays can go up on the shelf, instead of taking up floor space!!! :idea:

room6.jpg

room5.jpg

room7.jpg

Hope this helps!!!

buns.jpg

I always though bunnies would squeeze through babygates, even though Jacob is porky. Now I can see they will work I will get one for when he is shut in his bedroom when I'm out, night etc. At the moment we have laundry bins on their side so he can see over but this may be better though the age old thing of solving one problem and then remembering we don't have them because poor Tom the cat can't get through either. Never mind..still worth remembering, thanks.

tomjacob said:
I always though bunnies would squeeze through babygates, even though Jacob is porky. Now I can see they will work I will get one for when he is shut in his bedroom when I'm out, night etc. At the moment we have laundry bins on their side so he can see over but this may be better though the age old thing of solving one problem and then remembering we don't have them because poor Tom the cat can't get through either. Never mind..still worth remembering, thanks.

Tilly being small can squeeze through the babygate but Millie used to be able to but would panic a bit which was awful to see, we have put a panel from the portable run over it so they can't get through, will put some piccies up when the batteries have charged :roll: :roll:

Here's pictures of Tilly and Millie's room :D

DSC01688.jpg

The gate, forgot to turn the photo round :oops:

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

There is normally more floor space but they drag things round throughout the day and as soon as you move it back they move it again :roll: :roll: :roll: They get full access to the upstairs daily to and when miss tilly has been spey we will let them have full run downstairs when we are home :D

Travis and treacle are very lucky buns, the Rabsville 3 will have a strop if they see that set up!

Brill.

Rabswood

rabswood said:
Travis and treacle are very lucky buns, the Rabsville 3 will have a strop if they see that set up!

Brill.

Rabswood

:lol: :lol: :lol: Everyone who see's it, or I tell thinks I'm mad!! -- "your rabbits have how much of your room??!!!....and, they actually live in your bedroom???!!!!" --- "yup!!!"

Nothing's too good for my little angels!!?? Although their pen did start off only being half that size, it keeps on gradually increasing in size every so often :? :? I'll have no room left for me at this rate!!! :roll:

The best bit is that it's so simple that they still have room to run around and binky like mad whenever they like, yet still with plenty to do!! I think that's the key, to keep it simple, and plenty to chew on!!! :wink:

buns.jpg
[/url]

Back