• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New run!

Karly

Banned
Kind of, anyway. Joey lives in an indoor bunny cage (Roger 3/Ferplast 100 kind of thing) with a puppy pen attached on the front permanently. The pen works really well, so I bought another one (I get great staff discount at work, so the usual £40.something price was down to £24.01!).
Well, yesterday I borrowed Joey's run and attached it to the new one, and the buns had one massive run! It's quite handy because it folds right up after use, so no giant run sitting out in the garden, and it's not too heavy or bulky to bring Joey's down from my room to set it up (if Joey's not in it then he can go in the crate of whichever bun(s) I've taken out to the run, or loose in my brother's room).
It's obviously not suitable for leaving unattended, but I rarely did this (and if I did, it was for 5 minutes) with the regular run as I know we get foxes around here, but this one's huge enough for me to sit inside with the buns and them to still have plenty of room.
My mum's bf's daughters love it too as all 3 of us fit inside so plenty of interacting with the buns.
Pics aren't that great as it was starting to go dark, but here they are!

Showing the size of it. You can see their wooden run in the background - a 4' x 3' run
P1010231.jpg

P1010232.jpg

Letting them out of the carrier we fetched them down in
P1010222.jpg

Rex wasn't too sure, Squishy had a dash around and Mary (as usual!) starting pigging in to the grass!
P1010225.jpg

Rex didn't realise there was tons of grass all around him, he wanted the stuff he was being fed by the girls!
P1010233.jpg

P1010238.jpg

P1010240.jpg

Cute pics alert!
P1010236.jpg

P1010237.jpg

Squishy had the whole run to play in, and he chooses to sit in the same bed he has access to all day!
P1010235.jpg

Having a cuddle
P1010241.jpg

Now he wants one from 'mummy'
P1010248.jpg

"Please?"
P1010249.jpg

"Pretty please?"
P1010250.jpg

Didn't take me long to give in :lol:
P1010251.jpg

Venturing out..finally!
P1010253.jpg

Group hug!
P1010259.jpg

awwww ur bunnies are so sweet
i love ur mini rex
some of mine dont realise the grass on the ground is the same as the grass in ur hand :roll: :lol:

rabswood said:
I love the little house, do they use it alot?
Rabswood

Typically, they prefer their wooden box when indoors :roll: Though it must be used as a few times I've found it with the roof pushed in where at least 2 of them must've sat on it (they're not really big enough buns to push it down themselves!)

What a great run! China and Rocket live in a Roger 3 with a permanent puppy pen, and they have that carousel house too! I'm going to buy another of those pens when I can afford it, and do the same thing as you when I get a place with a garden!

Your bunnies look like they really enjoyed themselves!

AMETHYST

elve said:
wow - I had to check that you were actually in England like me - no snow! :D

We've had snow! Only lasted about 10 minutes though (so made the most of it and took the dog for a walk so we could play in it!), but there's still some on the ground at work (makes it a nightmare as it's all slippery when I'm carrying out heavy stuff for customers!)

15.jpg

The kids seem good with the bunnys. They don't scare them or anything and can hand feed them. My bun is from a pet shop and now he doesn't like kids because they'd always come and poke him through the bars.

toffeepudding said:
The kids seem good with the bunnys. They don't scare them or anything and can hand feed them. My bun is from a pet shop and now he doesn't like kids because they'd always come and poke him through the bars.

They're really good actually - the younger one can be a little overeager but I just emphasise that they're animals not toys. Mary loves her, it's really funny because he'll start sucking on her pinky finger for no reason lol.
The older girl is fantastic, she often reminds her sister not to be rough with them. It's quite funny as she was terrified of animals, and they were rather thrust apon her when she came to our house! But now she's bunnymad, and she's adopted Squishy as 'hers'.
They both know how to hold a bunny properly, were very good about waiting until they'd had their vaccs before taking them outside (I explained about the risk of them getting poorly, they also have learnt quite a bit about dental problems and stuff as 3 of my buns have them so I explain why they get fed certain things and that), they help me prepare the veg, fill up water bottles, they even love cleaning out the crates :shock: And they never get any of my animals out without asking me first. I think it's great as they're at the age where it's critical for them to learn to respect animals and by looking after mine they're learning valuable stuff for when they get pets of their own (although their mum isn't very keen on animals so it'd probably be once they left home)

Back