• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

peas

Urgh!!!!

I hate peas! I will not eat them! Never!

I have issues with peas, they roll everywhere, and I don't trust them, they just look evil!!!

anna said:
Urgh!!!!

I hate peas! I will not eat them! Never!

I have issues with peas, they roll everywhere, and I don't trust them, they just look evil!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I imagine if you were to feed them to a bun, you would give fresh uncooked ones, not sure if they are ok for buns or not?!? I would have thought that tinned or frozen ones are a big no no (salt and other stuff is added), Sainsburys have fresh ones in a microwave pouch (in their fancy 'taste the difference' range) not to sure about them either, maybe pick out fresh peas from a pod?

Sorry if I'm not too helpful!

If I were you I'd just give them the pods (washed) and not the peas. They are high in carbs and can cause bloat (cf sweetcorn). My buns LOVE pea pods. b-m

Peas are the only veg that charlie bun can eat cos they are v low in calcium and oxalates so don't aggravate his sludge/stones problems. I give him fresh peas and he loves them. I thought they were low in carbs - lower than the pods too, but could be wrong. He has those taste the difference ones from sainsburys mentioned above,m they're not treated with anything so they're fine.

Becki - fresh peas are really expensive, I used to feed Charlie frozen ones that had been thawed out and he used to eat those fine too. hope you had a lovely christmas. hugs Bx

cheekybun loved mushy peas , not a good idea tho as this is the sight i came home to on many occasions . :roll: :lol:

P4060118.jpg

he did not have great teeth so he loved mushy peas big style .
bailey and gizzy don,t get mushy peas but I do give them pea pods .

Hello,

I posted a simliar post on here a while ago as peas are one of the only veggies that my bun would eat.

Somebody on the forum said that they had read on a Veterinary leaflet that rabbits shouldn't be fed peas so I've stopped giving them to him.

Have you read anywhere that rabs shouldn't be fed peas and if so why are they not good for them?

If it's ok to feed peas to buns I will buy some more for my Harvey again as he absolutely adores them.

L of L,

Nic n Harvey xx

BUNNY1.jpg

Ive never read that anywhere - ive read that they can have peas. Also, i know for a fact that Bevs Charlie has peas - she puts his medicine in them too i think :wink: xx

now i'm confused!!! i once read that peas were poisonous that's why farmers used to let the rabbits eat them and i've also read that they're safe :?

haven't let mine have any "just in case" but have plenty in my garden in summer so if i find they're safe o/h will be happy as bunnies can eat peas instead of him :D

Back