• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ebay- this is awful :(

:evil: :evil: :evil: "rabbits grow teeth for fun" :evil: :evil: wonder how much hay these poor bunnies eat :cry:

:shock: think she needs someone to pin her down and give her a filling to save on the dentist bills without knowing what they're doing!!! :twisted:

I sent a message too. :evil: :evil: poor bunnies.

I suggested asking to set up a DD with their vet to ease vet costs, or discuss difficulties paying with the vets.

I also pointed out that the vet should be burring the teeth, not clipping them....

some people :roll:

I too have sent a message... I also pointed out that extracting the front teeth (if that's the ones that are growing) might be an option and less stressful and expensive for all parties concerned in the long run! Bunnies manage perfectly well without them.

I'm glad you're all so diplomatic :D I too sent a message but it was a little bit rude :oops:

OK perhaps we'd better stop sending messages now until we see what the responses are! She might switch off and stop listening to advice if too much of it appears in one go.

SIRRY IRRIOT....... :roll: :roll: There's one born every minute :roll: :roll: Maybe I should offer her some of my hooman DIY dentistry skills...Think 'string tied to tooth then other end of string tied to door handle'. Stand well back and SLAM door closed :twisted: :twisted: Instant extraction and I'd only charge her for the string :wink: :wink: Jane and Buns xx

The trouble is, Jane, some people really are stoopid enough to think "ooh I hadn't thought of that, I'll give it a go"... :roll:

I sent a message asking them to talk to their vet to make sure they know what they're doing. It sounded to me like they'd already made up their mind about doing it themselves, so I figured they should get the best possible attention first.

AMETHYST

that is disgusting i had jacks teeth done today and his nails by my vet total was £16.32 what is that? a few drinks down the pub thats no money to make sure the bunny can eat! and isnt in any discomfort the horror of anyone doing it themselves makes me sick!

It sounded like its something that shes had to do heaps before. I have an idea for her of an interesting tool...ITS CALLED HAY AND WOOD! I understand that some rabbits do have teeth problems but from what she said it sounded like she just couldn't cope with the natural growing!

bunny teeth clippers

Its sick!!
I cant understand why people try to do D.I.Y on any pet because they are to bloody tight to go to the vet maybe we should give their teeth a clip with them and see how they like it??

If they've seen their vet do the teeth with a pair of clippers and then they get charged £10 each time for the privilage. I can see why the owner might think getting a pair of clippers themselves would be a good idea. Unfortunately, some vets do still use clippers and owners trust vets so they don't think to question it.

I'm not saying this is the case but it's certainly a possibility so don't be too harsh on the owner :)

Yes I used to work at the vets about 18 years ago and they used dog nail clippers then to cut rabbits teeth. I shudder when I remember how they used to splinter and break when he did them. Fortunately now when I take my mini lop they burr them neatly and without much stress. How awful to think of doing them yourself with dog clippers. Poor rabbit!!Pam

Back